DIY Centerpiece Easy Fall Autumn Project Under $15
Published On: 01-11-2012 10:06pm
Comments: 0 - Hits: 682
Category: Crafty Tutorials
A little tutorial on making Fall themed centerpiece with pilar candle and leaf wreath. For my wedding (10/10/10), I relied on handmade decoration as we had a small wedding with about 25 guests. This was my centerpiece design for the reception tables. My wedding theme was Fall/Autumn as it was in October. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect weather! :) Anyway, I think this design would make a great Thanksgiving Centerpiece too. Very Easy to make and all of this for under $15.
- Autumn leaves wreath (you can find it in craft stores)
- Grossgrain plastic ribbon (the kind that can curl when you run it with scissors)
- Pillar candle; 7.5 cm diameter (almost 3 inch)
- Wired Butterflies
- Ruler, if needed.
How to Make Fall Themed Centerpice:
1. Prepare your materials.
I got most of mine from Hobby Lobby. Watch for discounts!
2. Take one butterfly and wrap the wire around one of the leaves on the wreath.
Make sure it's secured.
3. Place another 3 butterflies around the wreath with even spacing
(or not). Whatever you think is best.
4. Cut 3 pieces of ribbon, each is about a foot long.
Doesn't have to be exact. Pointy ends and the difference in length add up organic touch.
5. Grab three of them and tie around the leaves in between 2 butterflies.
Continue adding ribbons to your heart's desire. You can leave it straight or curl them. In the end i combined both.
6. Place the candle in the middle and you're DONE!
Super easy to make and you can't go wrong!! Fool proof design :3
You can even make this centerpiece for every season just by changing the leaves to snow/christmas/summer/spring wreath and use coordinating colors of candles and ribbons.
I hope you enjoyed this short tutorial. I'm sorry the picture couldn't be any clearer due it was a cloudy day when I took these shots.