ArtFire Help Center
The ArtFire Studio Themer Help Guide Posted On: 08/05/2011 Last Updated: 08/05/2011
Overview of the ArtFire Themer.
The ArtFire Themer is the tool you need to customize the look and feel of your studio just to your liking. Your Themer allows you to quickly set thousands of color combinations, choose the preferred layout of items in your main studio and studio sections, choose the font that is used on
The ArtFire themer allows you to easily define the colors used in all of the major elements of your ArtFire Fusion Studio. To see the ArtFire Themer box all you need to do is log into your ArtFire account and access any of your studio pages such as your home page, your item page, your bio, or any page that displays your customer theme. You will see the ArtFire Themer box at the bottom of your windows screen.
The elements you have color control over include the main ArtFire navigation bar, your seller navigation bar, your banners background color, as well as both the heading and navigation bar colors. If you are using an updated version from one of the major browser providers such as Fire Fox 4+, Chrome, IE9, and Safari you will see each element that will be effected by a particular color choice when your cursor hovers over the color box. In older browsers this highlighting may not appear you may want to change a color a couple of times for a particular element to make sure you know which element is being affected. Don't worry, none of the changes you make with the ArtFire Themer are displayed to shoppers until you click the "Save Theme" button.
Here are all the elements you can customize the color of with the ArtFire Themer:
- Main Navigation Color - This is the probably the most important color choice definable in the ArtFire Themer. Your main nav color choice effects three important elements. The top most ArtFire navigation bar, the add to cart buttons on your item pages, and the top bar color of the new ArtFire Cart for items carted from your studio! The main navigation bar stretches the full width of the browser window. (Important note: While we don't recommend it, if you choose white as your main nav color we strongly advise you to choose black as the navigation font color for readability).
- Seller Navigation Color - This choice affects your seller navigation bar where your "For Sale", "Blog", "Bio" and other seller navigation buttons exist. Your Seller Nav color also controls the colors of the checkout step headers when shoppers are purchasing items from your studio. The seller navigation bar color stretches the full width of the browser window.
- Banner Background Color - This is the color gradient that sits behind your banner and stretches the full width of the browser window.
- Heading Font Color - Use this option to control the color of headings on your page such as the titles of the right side bar boxes, your item prices on your studio home page, and the headings of your artisan bio.
- Navigation Font Color - There are only two navigation font choices, white and black. Choose the most readable color in relation to your color choice for the main navigation color.
Banner & Avatar
Your Banner and Avatar are now uploaded directly from the front of your studio. Just like the ArtFire themer box itself, you'll simply need to be logged into your ArtFire studio to see the clickable gear boxes that allow you to upload a new banner and avatar. Just click the gear box that appears in the bottom left of the banner or avatar to upload a new image.
Avatars must be at least 150 pixels wide and 150 pixels tall in dimension and be less then 2 mega bytes in size. Banners must be exactly 1000 pixels wide by 200 pixels tall (often referenced as 1000x200) as well as being less than 2 mega bytes in size. If you're looking for more help with your fusion studio banner you can find our full help guide here.
The ArtFire themer allows you to choose between a three product wide layout and a four product wide layout to display in both your main studio page as well as your studio section pages. Just click the radio button associated with your preferred layout and click the save theme button to save.
The ArtFire studio themer also provides several different studio fonts to choose from that will be used extensively in throughout your ArtFire studio. Click the "Fonts" tab of the ArtFire Themer to see examples of each option, try out all of the studio texts you like, then select your favorite and click "save theme" to save.