ArtFire Help Center
The ArtFire Shop Merchandizer Posted On: 04/23/2012 Last Updated: 04/24/2012
The ArtFire Shop and Section Merchandizer
Default Shop and Section Arrangement
The default arrangement of your shop's inventory is "Newest First," meaning the items that you've most recently listed appear at the beginning of your shop. This order is explicitly handled by listing date; editing an item will not change its order in your shop's display.
By default your sections are also arranged by "Newest First."
You can re-arrange your shop and/or sections to any arrangement of your choosing and set that arrangement as the default order. This is called your "Merchandized" order, which is set via the ArtFire Merchandizer.
Opening the Merchandizer in Your Shop
The Merchandizer and its options are accessed via the ArtFire Themer which is an access panel you see when viewing your own shop. If you're looking at your shop but don't see your Themer you may need to press the "Toggle Themer" link to turn it on (once you're finished you can press the same link to dismiss the Themer until you need to use it again).
From the Themer, choose the "Merchandizer" tab:
Here you'll see the basic arrangement options for your shop:
- Number of Columns - Your shop can display 3 of 4 columns of products; the choice depends on whether you like more space between your products or less.
- Show Sections - Your custom sections can be made visible to your shoppers or you can choose not to show them.
- Default Product Order - Even if you've saved a Merchandized order you can still choose to go back to the default "Newest First" order. Your Merchandized order is saved and can even be updated without being activated.
To begin using the Merchandizer, press the blue "Activate Merchandizer" link. If you have a large number of items it may take a few seconds for your entire shop to be loaded into your inventory.
Once you've activated your Merchandizer, you may wish to temporarily hide the ArtFire Themer so that it doesn't get in the way.
Using the Merchandizer
The ArtFire merchandizer is made up of two main parts. The first part on the left is a full view of a single page from your shop. It could be your main shop page (page 1, page 2, etc), or it could be a page from a section. The header above the items on the left will display where the page goes, if you just activated your merchandizer it will read "Shop Home - Page 1" (Shop Home is your shop's main section and contains all of your shop's items).
The second part on the right is a scrolling list of all of the pages in the section you're looking at. Again, if you just activated the merchandizer this list will be of your main section and will contain all your items.
To change the page you're viewing in part 1, press the corresponding page number in part 2.
With the Merchandizer open you can re-arrange the items in your shop either working within a part (part 1 on the left or part 2 on the right) or by dragging items between the parts. All of the following actions are acceptable:
- Re-arrange the items from part 1 on the left
- Select a new page to arrange from part 2 on the right
- Drag product images from part 2 on the right into part 1 on the left
- Drag product images from page to page within part 2
- Drag products from part 1 into part 2.
All of these actions can be used to arrange a specific section. To Merchandize a section just choose it from your sections list found just below part 2 of the Merchandizer, you may need to choose the "Show Sections" option from the ArtFire Themer if you don't see your sections at first.
- When you drag an item and drop it on another, the dragged item will aways appear to the left; all items to the right will re-order accordingly. This means if you drag an item from one page to another and place it in the last position on the new page, the dragged item will become the last item and the other item will be the 1st item on the next page.
When you're finished arranging your items, make sure you press the green "Done" button which saves your changes and exits the Merchandizer.