ArtFire Help Center
The CSV Item Importer Posted On: 08/21/2012 Last Updated: 08/21/2012
The CSV Importer
The ArtFire CSV Importer can import item data from any properly formatted CSV; this is a change from the previous importer that only worked with CSV's from an Etsy shop.
To use the CSV Importer:
- Go to the Draft Items page
- Press the "Upload CSV" button found in the upper right corner
- Select your CSV from the file browse window
- To move an item from your Draft Items page into your shop you'll need to edit it and add any required information that's missing. Categories and Shipping are the info that most commonly missing
Once you've uploaded your CSV, ArtFire will immediately begin processing its contents. The total time it takes to process your CSV will depend on how many items are being imported. When the importer has finished processing your CSV you'll get a message at the top of your Draft Items page telling you how many items were imported.
How to Properly Format a CSV
If you're importing from Etsy your CSV will already be formatted correctly. Non-Etsy CSV's can be imported, however, they should be formatted as closely as possible to the format used by Etsy which is:
- TITLE - Between 25-70 characters.
- DESCRIPTION - Between 15-8000 characters.
- PRICE - Numbers only
- CURRENCY_CODE - not required, if code isn't USD prices are converted to USD automatically on import. Exchange rates may be up to 8 hours old. See list of supported currency codes below.
- QUANTITY - Integers only
- TAGS - Comma separated
- MATERIALS - Comma seperated
- IMAGE1(1 - 5) - Must be direct link to a file (url ending in .jpg .png or .gif)
To ensure the best results please ensure the same number of columns is used for each item. Problems may arise, for instance, if you try to import a different number of images for each item.
List of supported currency codes for importing: AED, ARS, AUD, BRL, CAD, CHF, CNY, CZK, DKK, EUR, GBP, HKD, HUF, ILS, INR, JPY, KRW, MAD, MXN, NOK, NZD, PHP, PLN, RUB, SEK, SGD, THB, TRY, USD, ZAR