Edit: And the winner is… Congratulations to Sue Andrus! (@andrusgardens) She is the winner of the Get Crafty contest! The winning tweet:
“I could have a blast playing with these new supplies found @ArtFire on my new Pinterest board! http://pinterest.com/sueandrus/get-crafty/ #getcrafty”
Maybe you have always been meaning to learn how to paint, try your hand at knitting, or figure out what the big fuss is over scrapbooking? ArtFire wants to help you explore your untapped creative energy! Show us the supplies you need to get started on a new craft project and we’ll cover the cost (up to $200).
Here’s how to participate:
- Go to Pinterest.com and create a new board titled “Get Crafty”
- Pin all the supplies you’ll need to get started from the Craft Supplies section of ArtFire.com to your Get Crafty board
- Let us know your board is up! Tweet a link to your Get Crafty board with the tag #getcrafty
For example, if you want to explore the wild world of handmade jewelry, go to the Jewelry Supplies section on ArtFire.com and pick out the items and tools you will need to get started on your first project. Pin those items to your Get Crafty board, and then tell us all about what you want to learn or make: tweet, post on Facebook, share your board in the ArtFire.com forums!
Anyone who wants to participate has until Wednesday, February 13th at 11:59 PM to create and post to their Pinterest board. After the contest ends, one winner will be selected at random, and announced on Valentine’s Day (Thursday, February 14th). ArtFire.com will contact the winner with instructions on how to claim their free craft supplies. The giveaway value is up to $200. This contest is only open to U.S. residents.
Make sure we hear about your collection of supplies: use the #getcrafty tag on Twitter to let us know your board is up. Spread the word! You can tag @artfire everywhere on Pinterest and Twitter, as well as post about it on the official ArtFire.com Facebook page to tell everyone about your next crafting adventure.
Edit: After seeing the initial response, we are opening up the chance to gain the equivalence of 4 extra entries if you make a blog post anywhere about the Get Crafty giveaway, with a link to your board in the blog post, and then tweet a link to that blog post with the #GetCrafty tag.
In this case, your tweet would look something like this:
“I want to #GetCrafty and learn how to sculpt with polymer clay: http://www.myblog.com/getcraftypost.html“
The link then goes to your blog post about the giveaway with a link to your Get Crafty board on Pinterest, so we can find your items! This is being introduced to give our more enthusiastic participants an extra shot at winning. The original post is updated with this information.
Good luck everyone!
Rules We Have to Get Out of the Way:
- This contest is open to entries from any person from the U.S. unless otherwise prohibited by local law.
- Contest entry will be based on your tweet with the hashtag #getcrafty in your post on Twitter with a link to your Get Crafty board.
- No purchase necessary, purchase will not improve your chances of winning. This contest is void where prohibited. Any entry received from a location where this promotional sweepstakes violates local regulations shall not be considered a valid entry to win.
- No ArtFire account necessary, purchase of an account will not improve your chances of winning, all valid entries will have an equal chance of winning.
- Random.org will be used to select a winner. The winner will be notified via @reply and DM on Twitter, or via the messaging system on ArtFire, and then announced to the community at large.
- The winner is solely responsible for any and all taxes and/or fees and/or any additional costs that may apply to winning this prize depending on their local laws and regulations that are incurred as a result of winning.
- ArtFire employees and family members of employees are not eligible to enter any contests offered by ArtFire. Any entries received from an employee or family member of an employee will be considered an invalid entry.