Human beings are by nature are creative individuals who love nurturing their talents by following their instincts, by dreaming, and by imagining.
Therefore, when it comes to design, there are no rules set in stone as to which is the best design for any particular room.
However, you can use a set of rough principles to guide you on the best and creative room décor ideas that will instantly give any room a complete makeover.
Follow the tips below to give your room an instant boost.
1. Pick the Paint Color Last
Of course, you will be tempted to pick a paint color and apply it on the walls right before you move in. However, this is a bad idea. The reason for this is because that there are various of paint colors of several shades, tones and tints and each will vary in different homes.
The best you can do is first choose your room furniture, upholstery, rugs, artwork etc. and then choose a paint color that best complements them.
2. Avoid Over Cramping the Room
Make your room look gracious and easy to maneuver through by keeping just basic furniture and avoiding overcrowding. Your budget should be spent on quality and fewer items rather than several less costly items bought from flea markets which make a room look cramped.
Keeping items to the minimum will also ensure that your room looks graceful and stylish.
3. Arrange Furniture on a Rug Correctly
You should learn the correct technique on how to arrange furniture on the home rug in the best possible way. There are three correct methods to do this and these include:
- All furniture legs on: If your carpet is large enough for all the furniture to fit on top of it, then it will look graceful and you will get a luxurious feel of the same. In fact the bigger it will be, the better the better it will look. Just be sure to leave at least 12 to 13 inches of surface space on all four sides of the surface corners as this will add to the elegance of the room.
However, avoid placing very small rugs on the carpets as they will be deemed insignificant.
- All legs off the furniture: This works well only if you have a small rug to begin with. If you use the above technique of placing all legs on the carpet, you may end up doing more harm than good since the place will look cramped. Therefore, if your room has a small rug, you can keep all legs off the furniture to make it look decent.
- Front legs only: This works to make more space in your room by creating a visually tied arrangement of all furniture as well as giving the room an atmosphere of openness.
4. Don’t Go Overboard with Themes
One or two frames with your favorite paintings will be good enough for the walls, but resist the urge to go overboard. This is because being too theme-y will deflect you from individuality and will leave an overall poor effect in any room.
5. Make a Focal Point
Just as any cast production has leading roles, so does every room. You should create a focal point in every room. This should be something that will draw attention. For example, it could be a fireplace. And you could use lighting to make it prominent and unique.
In conclusion, design is all about simplicity. You can imbed a few of the above mentioned tricks to make any room stand out.
This guest post was written by Sadia Suhail. She loves interior decor, home décor and art & craft. She is a content marketer at www.Alrug.com.