Market your ArtFire shop to holiday buyers and boost holiday winter sales with this report and guide from 2015’s most sold items.
As things ramp up for the busy holiday season, we created this guide intended to provide information and planning resources for the holidays.Comparing sales and strategies from previous season’s can be a great advantage for online selling, specially if you’re planning on being successful.
One of the best strategies for holiday merchandising is to update your existing listings by getting in the mindset of the shopper. To capture their attention in your item descriptions, emphasize why your item would make a great gift based on their needs and highlight examples of potential recipients in your product descriptions.
Let’s jump right to it! Below you will find in order of popularity, the most sought out items and keywords from the last holiday season.
Product conversion information from last year 2015:
- Crochet or knitted scarves, patterns and tutorials: If you’re in the business of keeping people warm, cozy and safe from malicious drafts, you’re in luck! It doesn’t matter whether you sell already made scarves or just the patterns and tutorials, people want scarves.
- Yarn and craft supplies: There’s something about handmade gifts that makes the holiday season of giving that much more special. Which makes craft supplies & tools that much more in demand.
- Stocking stuffers: No holiday season would be complete without the traditional stocking stuffer or “gag gift.” These gifts are usually small and inexpensive but entertaining to both the giver and the receiver.
- Animal wrap rings and other customized jewelry: Animal jewelry performs great throughout the year on ArtFire, but animal wrap rings perform particularly well during the holiday season, followed closely by wire wrapped jewelry. Customized jewelry is the most special of all products because it ranges the most in creativity; from a simple hand stamped personalized name bracelet, to an engagement ring with your partner’s fingerprint laser cut into it.
- Hot tip: This product category doubles as a stocking stuffer.
- (P)leather bags and accessories: Leather is always in style at ArtFire but during the 2015 holiday season, bags and small accessories including leather jewelry were particularly of interest to the masses.