If you are considering moving to ArtFire from another online sales platform but are worried it will be too much work, we have the solution: ArtFire’s CSV Importer!
The ArtFire CSV Item Importer can import item data from any properly formatted CSV (Comma Separated Values file); This beneficial seller tool is available on our Popular Shop subscription and higher level plans. This importer is not available on the Standard Plan. To upgrade from our Standard Plan to one of our monthly subscription plans, you can visit the Change Plan page at any time.
Where do I get my CSV file?
Many online market websites such as Etsy offer a way to download your item data into a CSV format file. To download your listing data from Etsy you can take the following steps:
To download your listing data:
- Sign into your Etsy account, click Your Shop > Shop Settings > Options.
- Click the Download Data tab.
- Click the Download CSV button to save the file to your computer.
To use the CSV Importer:
- Make sure your CSV file is properly formatted with the exact headings as in the example below (no more and no fewer headings).
- Go to the Draft Items page
- Press the “Upload CSV” button found in the upper right corner
- Select your CSV from the file browse window
Once you’ve uploaded your CSV, ArtFire will immediately begin processing its contents. The total time it takes to process your CSV will depend on how many items are being imported. When the importer has finished processing your CSV you’ll get a message at the top of your Draft Items page telling you how many items were imported.
- To move an item from your Draft Items page into your shop, you will need to edit the listing by adding any required information that is missing. Categories, Shipping, and Intellectual Property are the sections that are most commonly missing.
- If your import remains processing after 24 hours and has not loaded any items, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional support on your import.
CSV Tips and Tricks
If your CSV file has “VARIATIONS” columns, please remove them to ensure successful import.
- TITLE – Between 25-70 characters.
- DESCRIPTION – Between 15-8000 characters.
- PRICE – Numbers only
- CURRENCY_CODE – not required, if code isn’t USD prices are converted to USD automatically on import. Exchange rates may be up to 8 hours old. See list of supported currency codes below.
- QUANTITY – Integers only
- TAGS – Comma separated
- MATERIALS – Comma separated
- IMAGE1(1 – 5) – Must be direct link to a file (url ending in .jpg .png or .gif)
To ensure the best results please ensure the same number of columns is used for each item. Problems may arise, for instance, if you try to import a different number of images for each item.
List of supported currency codes for importing: AED, ARS, AUD, BRL, CAD, CHF, CNY, CZK, DKK, EUR, GBP, HKD, HUF, ILS, INR, JPY, KRW, MAD, MXN, NOK, NZD, PHP, PLN, RUB, SEK, SGD, THB, TRY, USD, ZAR