Written By: Ella Ford
Top 15 Handmade Gifts for that Special Someone this Valentine’s DayValentine’s Day is around the corner, and you know what that means. Every store in town is going to be filled to the brim with roses, heart-shaped candy dishes, and cards that say “Be Mine” on them. Sure chocolate is nice, and everyone loves the occasional sweet treat; but the heart-shaped candy dish of overly sugary chocolate doesn’t quite leave a lasting impression. So instead of buying a twelve dollar candy dish or roses that will die in a week, try a handmade gift that is sure to leave a lasting impression. You can either purchase a handmade gift or do it yourself, there are plenty of DIY tutorials out there for you to follow. So, without further ado, here are the top 15 handmade Valentine’s Gifts for you to give to your sweetheart.
(Photo credit via – livingwellspendingless.com)
- Love Mug – We all know that a Valentine’s Day breakfast is a great way to start off the day. So why not make it even more special with a gift? Give a coffee mug with a special message written on it. Don’t be afraid to get a little creative with your words. From puns to a simple “I Love You,” the best thing about a love mug is that your loved one will be reminded of your love for them every time they have a cup of jo. What better way to wake up in the morning is there?
- Edible Keepsakes – Food glorious food! Now, chocolate is never a bad idea. In fact, if there isn’t some form of chocolate that can be consumed on the day, one might risk a “hangry attack.” But why not make a keepsake out of said chocolate? A colorful candy jar that can be added to the house decor is always a great gift for those chocoholics in our lives.
- A Bath Bomb for My Baby – Face it, your loved one works hard. They experience stress and frustration just like everyone else. They turn to you for comfort, so why not help them out even more with a luxurious set of bathbombs? There’s no greater gift than showing your loved one how much you care about their health, especially their mental health. A nice stress reducing bath can go a long way and your special someone will thank you for your continuous support.
- Valen-Wine Bags – Wine, considered the drink of love, a little wine on Valentine’s day is always lovely. So why not “up” the romance with a handmade wine bag? What better way to surprise your lover with a “cheeky” bordeaux than with a romantic (maybe even somewhat hilarious) wine bag to carry it in? Show your loved one you love them even more than you love wine.
- You’ll Beanie on My Mind – Even on a holiday made to make you feel warm and fuzzy inside, it can get quite cold outside. So if your honey is cold this holiday, warm them up with a gift from the heart, that’s meant for the head. A beaded or embroidered beanie will add to your loved one’s style and keep Jack Frost from nipping at their nose. So whether you want to give them a beanie with a simple heart or a quirky pattern, your sweetheart will certainly be warm and fuzzy even after they leave the house.
- Jewelry for Your Jewel – Handmade jewelry is one of the top sellers in the online artisan market. Handmade jewelry is as unique as your loved one, and it doesn’t have to be heart-shaped or red to boot. There’s a whole world of jewelry that is perfect for that special someone in your life. So whether your sweetheart has a quirky or classic style, you’re sure to find something that fits their unique personality perfectly!
- Poetic Wrapping Paper – Ok, so perhaps you’ve settled on the perfect gift for that special someone but what if you want to make it even more special? You feel like that heart patterned wrapping paper just isn’t going to cut it. Get creative, and make your own! Find a solid colored roll of wrapping paper (Helpful tip: the simple brown paper works best for writing on). Once you’ve done that, write your words down on the wrapping paper. Be as romantic and as silly as you want to be. All you have to do is write how you feel. Your loved one may even shed a tear or two from sheer joy.
- You’ll Be in My Heart “Heart Bookmark” – They say that a good book can change our lives. So if your loved one is quite the bibliophile, try a seasonally appropriate bookmark. Show them that they have made as much of an impact on your life as that book they’re reading. Simple, sweet, and a life saver for the page.
- Cute Cards for the Cuties – It doesn’t matter what age you are, making a card for someone you love is always appreciated. It’s also a great way to bond with your kids. So gather the little ones around, pull out the arts and crafts boxes and get to crafting cards for family and friends. If you’re not into crafting the cards yourself, there are plenty of handmade cards you can purchase from online crafters.
- Quilts Stitched with Love – Though the quilt is often associated with the grandmother that loves to spoil the grandchildren, it doesn’t have to be. Making a quilt for your kids, or for that friend that’s always cold; is a great way to show how much you care. After all, they say that anything stitched with love lasts a lifetime. Of course, for the amateur sewers, it may take a little more practice.
- Tea for Two – Whether you make your own blend of tea or just help decorate the tea bags, a romantic tea for two is a great way to relax and enjoy each other’s company. If you want to add to the experience, look through a selection of handmade tea sets. -And-if you’re really adventurous, you could attempt to make your own tea snacks.
- Pretty or Punny Picture Frames – They say a picture is worth a thousand words, so why not capture each moment by decorating a picture frame? All you’ll need is a wooden frame, some paint, and whatever else you want to use to decorate. Get creative, be as humorous as you want to be. Invite the kids to the fun and you can capture every moment, including one this Valentine’s Day.
- Love’s first Bloom (DIY Planter) – If your loved one likes to garden, why not get them their very own “Seed Starter.” In this kit are all the things you’ll need to grow a little “garden” on your own. You can purchase these kits online or put it together yourself. If you’re going to DIY a kit you will need: a small flower pot, soil, and seeds (preferably a plant that will grow easily in a small pot). What better way to show how much your love for each other has grown?
- Yarn Flowers – If you want to give your loved one a bouquet of flowers but can’t afford real ones this year, or you don’t want to deal with the cleanup of dying flowers, try something a little more crafty. Yarn flowers are not only cute looking but they last all year round. No more worrying about wilting petals or dirty vases.
- Kissing Candles – Candles, the word itself is enough to think of a romantic evening with that special someone. So why not find a handmade candle that is just as sweet as your partner. Even better, purchase a whole slew of candles and set up a candlelight dinner that your loved one will never forget.
(Photo credit – via countryliving.com)
(Photo via – thesuburbanmom.com)
(Photo via – modishandmain.com)
(Photo via –redlollipopboutique.com)
(Photo via – Zizibejewelry-Shop on Artfire)
(Photo via – thesweetestoccasion.com)
Shop Valentine’s Day Gifts on ArtFire
(Photo via – http://howaboutorange.blogspot.com)
(Photo via – womendailymagazine.com)
(Photo via – SweetDreamsPillowcases-shop on artfire)
(Photo via – grubclub.com)
(Photo via – http://fabyoubliss.com)
(Photo via – http://simplydarrling.com)
(Photo via – deliacreates.com)
(Photo via – stuffstephdoes.com)
Check out ArtFire’s
Gifts for Couples
for more Valentine’s Day Ideas
Whatever your plans are for this Valentine’s Day, you can bet that there are plenty of gifts out there that are perfect for that special someone in your life. Take a look through our sellers’ selection, or, if you plan on a DIY gift this year, take a look at these DIY tutorials for added inspiration. Happy Valentine’s Day! DIY Tutorial Links –