- Homemade Green Tea Exfoliating Scrub – Your skin sees a lot throughout the day. After a long day of work your skin can feel tough and dry. So help soften it up and feel rejuvenated with your own, homemade exfoliating scrub. With this green tea scrub, you can keep your skin looking and feeling healthy. To make this exfoliating scrub, you will need the following ingredients: dried green tea leaves, sugar (white or brown), olive oil, lavender essential oil (optional), and raw honey.
- Homemade Lip Scrub – When the weather gets dry, your lips can get dry too. Even with chapstick and moisturizers your lips can become cracked. So help out your lips with a homemade lip scrub to keep them soft and pain free. This homemade lip scrub not only helps in removing dead skin but it also helps keep your lips plump with moisture. It’s easy to make and it yields nothing but positive results. To make this life-saving lip scrub, you will need the following ingredients: brown sugar, honey, coconut oil (or olive oil substitute), cinnamon (optional), and vanilla extract (also optional).
- Homemade Coffee Scrub/Face Mask – Coffee is well-known for its ability to keep us awake during the most difficult days-but-it is also known for its many uses in skin care products. Because of coffee’s high caffeine content, it actually helps tighten skin and also helps in reducing cellulite. Coffee is also known for helping reverse damage to skin from UV rays and harsh sunburn. So not only does it keep your skin feeling tight but it also helps your skin repair damage from the elements. To make this coffee scrub face mask, you will need the following ingredients, coconut oil and finely ground coffee beans. That’s it!
- Homemade Pore Minimizing Face Mask – For those of you who are still battling acne, the major battle you will face is keeping those pores small enough to prevent dirt and bacteria from making your acne worse. You can try all sorts of face scrubs, washes, and ointments and have little to no success. So instead of throwing your money down the drain, make your own pore minimizing face mask. To make this acne treatment mask, you will need the following ingredients/materials: matcha green tea powder, activated charcoal, bentonite clay (for the mask structure), and filtered water.
- Homemade Aloe Vera Acne Gel – Acne is tough to get rid of, especially due to the fact that everyone’s skin type is unique. Your skin may be oily. Your skin may be drye. Your skin may be soft, tough, or somewhere in between. So how are you supposed to find a product that’s just right for your skin type? Well, you could make one. In fact, you could make one easily with just four ingredients. This aloe vera acne gel is designed to help target acne regardless of your skin type. To make this aloe vera acne gel, you will need the following ingredients: aloe vera gel, lavender essential oil, tea tree essential oil, and cinnamon essential oil. It’s easy to make and easy to apply.
- Homemade Makeup Remover Pads – Makeup remover is a lifesaver at the end of the day. It doesn’t matter how much you love makeup when you get home at the end of the day you cannot wait to take it off. So instead of going out and buying a small package of them that will only last you a short time you can make your own. Trust us, you can make enough to get your through the next couple of months with this tutorial. To make these make up remover pads, you will need the following materials: one cucumber, distilled water, coconut oil, castor oil, cotton pads, and something to store them in (a tightly sealed jar is recommended).
- Homemade Overnight Skin Treatment – When your nighttime routine is in need of a little push, perhaps it’s time to implement an overnight skin treatment. Help your skin win the battle while you’re asleep and wake up in the morning looking healthy and refreshed. With this overnight treatment recipe, you can help your skin hydrated and silky smooth. To make this miracle overnight skin treatment, you will need these ingredients/materials: rosehip seed oil, jojoba oil, pomegranate seed oil, Vitamin E oil, lavender essential oil, geranium essential oil, and a one ounce dropper bottle.
- Homemade Vinegar and Green Tea Toner – Toner helps those with heavy acne in cleansing their skin and and reducing dirt and bacteria. So if you wear makeup and sunscreen for a large portion of your day, it helps to have a little extra boost in your cleansing routine. With all of this in mind, it seems strange to buy an eight ounce bottle of toner for twenty bucks when you can make your own at home with just two ingredients. It’s true! You can make your own toner at home using only these two ingredients, brewed green tea and apple cider vinegar. Of course, you can add other ingredients for added benefits. Aloe vera juice can be added to reduce inflammation. Lemon juice can be added to reduce redness. A variety of essential oils can be added to help reduce bacteria throughout the day. The choice is yours on how you want to craft this toner, just make sure you pick the right ingredients for your skin type.
- Homemade Green Tea Repairing Cream – On days when the elements are less than kind to your skin, a repairing cream can help prevent further damage from being done. Repairing creams are a wonderful addition to your routine because, as the name suggests, they repair the damage done to your skin whether it’s by wind, or sun, or the natural process of aging. Unfortunately, store bought repairing creams can be incredibly expensive, especially the good ones. However, there is hope for you yet, because you can now make your own repair cream from the ingredients in your home. To make this homemade repair cream, you will need these ingredients/materials: beeswax, almond oil, coconut oil, rosehip seed oil, green tea, a container, a double boiler, an electric mixer (hand mixer is preferable), and a tea strainer.
- Homemade Exfoliating Lotion Bars – When you’re running a bit late and you can’t go through the entire routine, you can cut down your time by using an exfoliating lotion bar. Not only do they help speed along your morning face wash routine but they can also help you cleanse the whole body. So keep one on the sink and one in the shower, that way you’ll have access to an exfoliating scrub at any time. To make this handy exfoliation lotion bar, you will need the following ingredients/materials: cocoa butter, shea butter, rice, cocoa almonds, and soap molds. Healthy skin isn’t limited to just your face and hands. So keep your skin looking healthy from head to toe.
(Photo via – livesimpley.me)
(Photo via – lipsticklovely.com)
(Photo via – primallyinspired.com)
(Photo via – sheuncovered.com)
(Photo via – alluringsoul.com)
(Photo via – freebiefindingmom.com)
Check out ArtFire’s
for more Skin Care Ideas
(Photo via – jenniraincloud.com)
(Photo via – dailyhealthpost.com)
(Photo via – saynotsweetanne.com)
(Photo via – whatroseknows.com)
Healthy skin can be hard to achieve, especially when you don’t have a lot of dough to spend, but there are ways to get around that. With these ten DIY tutorials, you can easily make your own skin care products and keep your skin looking healthy and strong. There are endless possibilities and resources available to you to create a product that works best for your unique skin type. If you’re looking for more inspiration, take a look at the ten additional DIY tutorials at the bottom of the page. We guarantee you’ll find something that works for you.Written by: Ella Ford
- Extra Links –
- 5 Healthy Face Wash Recipes for All Skin Types
- Detox Water Recipes for Glowing Skin
- 17 Easy DIY Beauty Products
- 10 Essential Oil Tips and Tricks
- 10 Two-Ingredient Face Mask Recipes
- 27 Home Remedies to Remove Under Eye Circles
- 9 Ways to Use Turmeric Powder
- 59 Beauty and Skin Care Hacks
- 11 Ways to Use Honey for Skin, Hair and Nails
- 14 Ways to Zap Acne Overnight