The CSV Item Importer
The ArtFire CSV Item Importer can import item data from any properly formatted CSV (Comma Separated Values file); This beneficial seller tool is available on our Popular Shop subscription and higher level plans. This importer is not available on the Standard plan. To upgrade from our Standard plan to one of our monthly subscription plans, you can visit the Change Plan page at any time.
Where do I get my CSV file?
Many online market websites such as Etsy offer a way to download your item data into a CSV format file. To download your listing data from Etsy you can take the following steps:
- Sign into your Etsy account, click Your Shop - Shop Settings - Options.
- Click the Download Data tab.
- Click the Download CSV button to save the file to your computer.
To use the ArtFire CSV Item Importer:
- Go to the Draft Items page
- Click the "Upload CSV" button found in the upper right corner
- Select your CSV from the file browse window on your Computer and open
Once you've uploaded your CSV, ArtFire will immediately begin processing its contents. The total time it takes to process your CSV will depend on how many items are being imported. When the importer has finished processing your CSV you'll get a message at the top of your Draft Items page telling you how many items were imported.
- To move an item from your Draft Items page into your shop you'll need to edit it and add any required information that's missing. Categories and Shipping are the info sections that are most commonly missing.
- If your import remains processing after 24 hours and has not loaded any items, please email email@example.com for additional support on your import.
How to Properly Format a CSV
If you're importing from Etsy your CSV should already be formatted correctly. The CSV Item Importer allows for up to 5 images per item. You can add more images to the item in Edit Mode after import if necessary. If your file contains additional columns other than listed below, such as IMAGE6 or more, you may need to remove these columns prior to import. CSV files can be edited for free online using Google Sheets or other Excel programs. Non-Etsy CSV's can be imported, however, they should be formatted as closely as possible to the format used by Etsy for 5 images which is:
You can edit or create your own CSV file via Excel, or the free service, Google Sheets.
Note: If your CSV file has "VARIATIONS" columns, it it best to remove them to ensure successful import.
- TITLE - Between 25-70 characters.
- DESCRIPTION - Between 15-8000 characters.
- PRICE - Numbers only
- CURRENCY_CODE - not required, if code isn't USD prices are converted to USD automatically on import. Exchange rates may be up to 8 hours old. See list of supported currency codes below.
- QUANTITY - Integers only
- TAGS - Comma separated
- MATERIALS - Comma seperated
- IMAGE1(1 - 5) - Must be direct link to a file (url ending in .jpg .png or .gif)
To ensure the best results please ensure the same number of columns is used for each item. Problems may arise, for instance, if you try to import a different number of images for each item.
List of supported currency codes for importing: AED, ARS, AUD, BRL, CAD, CHF, CNY, CZK, DKK, EUR, GBP, HKD, HUF, ILS, INR, JPY, KRW, MAD, MXN, NOK, NZD, PHP, PLN, RUB, SEK, SGD, THB, TRY, USD, ZAR