January:Â Garnet/Dark Red
March:Â Aquamarine/Light Blue
June:Â Pearl or Moonstone/White
July:Â Ruby/Bright Red
August:Â Peridot/Yellowish Green
September:Â Sapphire/Deep Blue
October:Â Opal or Pink Tourmaline/Multi-colored
November:Â Citrine or Yellow Topaz/Yellow Gold
December:Â Blue Topaz or Turquoise/Bright Blue
Power Rocks Every Month
Want to give a gift with meaning? Find out what a stone means and attach it to the rock or gem!
and gemstones are awesome accents to any piece of jewelry, but did you
know each sparkly stone holds a special meaning? Iâ€™m not really into
the â€˜metaphysical worldâ€™ or know much about Chakras
â€¦ BUT I think itâ€™s cool to know the the symbolism, history, and
meaning behind the stones we loveâ€¦ PLUS itâ€™s an added bonus to know the
info about stones if youâ€™re giving them as a gift for friends/loved
ones (Christmas, anyone?).
We all probably know our birthstones, but do you know the meaning behind them?
Hereâ€™s a list of meanings associated with each monthâ€™s birthstone:
- January: Garnet (usually
red) stands for FAITH and some â€˜meaningsâ€™ associated with it has been
constancy of friendship, and even thought to bring success to a new
- February: Amethyst (usually
purple) stands for PEACE or WISDOM and also known as the Bishopâ€™s
stone, and itâ€™s still worn by Catholic Bishops today. Itâ€™s also thought
to help with insomnia and bring pleasant dreams.
- March: Aquamarine
(blue-green) stands for LOVE and has been known as the â€œWater of the
Seaâ€ because of its color and was thought to help protect sailors at
- April: Diamond (usually clear) stands for VIRTUE and is known to represent constancy in relationships (makes sense.)
- May: Emerald (usually green) stands for WEALTH and is also thought to preserve love.
- June: Pearl (usually white) stands for BEAUTY and is thought to promote prosperity and success.
- July: Ruby (usually red) stands for PASSION and is thought to bring passion and bring out the courage to be the best the wearer can be.
- August: Peridot (usually light green) stands for DIGNITY and is thought to help ward off negative emotions.
- September: Sapphire (usually dark blue) stands for CLARITY and is thought to help the wearer with perception and promote financial success as well.
- October: Opal (usually sparkly white) stands for PURITY and is thought to help with luck.
- November: Topaz or Citrine (alternative) (usually golden color) stands for HOPE and Citrine is thought to increase self-esteem.
- December: Turquoise or Blue Topaz (alternative) (blue) stands for STRENGTH and turquoise is thought to also bring peace to your home.