As an artist and designer, I work primarily with recycled materials. I've been a professional artist since about 1995 and went full time with the art in 2000. My art supports a family of three as well as a part time assistant and many local businesses. Check my profile page for more info.
All of my firebowls are hand-cut from 100% recycled steel and ground to a smooth finish. No two are exactly alike, as they are drawn free-hand without templates. Unlike many outdoor firepits which look dirty or empty when unlit, my firebowls are designed to function as gorgeous sculptural elements either hot or cold. The warm rust finish requires zero maintenance... if you wish to paint them, you can use high heat automotive or grill paint. The bowls are cut from quarter inch steel plate and will last generations in any climate.
1. Most of the firebowls come in several sizes and price points. In many cases, the photo is the same. Be sure to check the headline of the item to see that you are getting the size you desire.
2. Most of my firebowls can be upgraded to gas-burners to minimize emissions and risk of accidental fire. Convo me for details on gas burning pits.
3. Most firebowls ship via freight carrier. They must be signed for on delivery.
4. My wholesale contracts do not allow me to offer discount prices, but I am open to helping you finance your purchase with a layaway / payment plan. Convo me for details.
5. If you are interested in wholesale prices, convo me.
6. If you would like to feature my work in a blog, magazine, newspaper, etc. I am always happy to provide interviews, text or print quality photos.
If you have questions not covered here or on my profile, feel free to message me or call my mobile at 231.584.2710 (phone hours are 9-5 pacific coast time).
See more of my work at: http://www.johntunger.com
Check out customer photos of the firebowls at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/johntunger More »