Cedar of Lebanon Tree Seeds–15 Count
Cedar of Lebanon – 15 Count
Cedrus libani var. stenocoma
Cedar of Lebanon, Cedar-Of-Lebanon, Lebanon Cedar, Bible Cedar, Cedar of God
Description: Large planted, cone-bearing, evergreen tree with straight, stout trunk and narrow, pointed crown, becoming irregular and broad or flattened with spreading, horizontal branches.
Height: 80 feet (24 m).
Diameter: 3 feet (0.9 m).
Form: Pyramidal in youth; dense; flat topped, horizontally spreading branches with age; thick massive trunk; picturesque
Needles: evergreen; 1 to 1.25 (2.5 to 3 cm) long. 10 to 15 clustered and crowded on spurs or alternate on leading twigs; 3-angled; mostly dark green.
Bark: dark gray, becoming thick and furrowed into scaly plates.
Twigs: abundant, spreading, long and stout, mostly hairless or slightly hairy, with many spurs or short side twigs.
Cones: 3 to 4.5 (7.5 to 11 cm) long, 1.75 to 2.5 (4.5 to 6 cm) in diameter; barrel-shaped with flat top, reddish-brown, upright, almost stalkless, resinous; composed of many hard cone-scales; maturing in second year, axis remaining attached; paired minor-winged seeds.
Habitat: Moist soils in parks and gardens and around homes; in temperate regions.
USDA Zones: 4b – 10 a
Range: Native of Asia Minor from S. Turkey to Lebanon and Syria at high altitudes. Planted mainly in SE. United States and on Pacific Coast; a hardy variety also in Northeast. Originally native to Asia Minor. Currently found in "the Jebel Alaonite mountains in Syria, and Lebanon and Anti-Lebanon in Lebanon, where it is now very rare, there are about 2000-3000 hectares of forests of this species natively, but it is still plentiful in the Taurus and Cilician Taurus in Turkey. It grows between 1300 and 2100 m elevation. Quite hardy, this light-demanding and calciphile species grows slow to medium.
Propagation: Propagate cedar of Lebanon from seed. Named cultivars must be grafted. Cedar of Lebanon is difficult to propagate from cuttings.
Usage: The cedars make majestic specimen trees for parks, estates and larger lawns. A mature cedar of Lebanon, especially one with multiple leaders, will be as wide as it is tall, and a truly picturesque specimen. The cedar of Lebanon has thick, deeply furrowed dark gray to black bark.
Features: The taxonomy of the genus Cedrus is debated by the botanists. Depending on who you believe, you can recognize one, two or four species. The splitters recognize Cyprus cedar (Cedrus brevifolia), cedar of Lebanon, deodar cedar (C. deodar), and Atlas cedar. There are no fewer than 18 distinct references to cedar of Lebanon in the Bible; King Solomon's Temple was built from cedar of Lebanon timbers. Even today the stands of cedars in Lebanon, although they have been much reduced by over harvesting, are held in special esteem by the Arabs.
Discussion: Cedar-of-Lebanon is a handsome, picturesque ornamental. Developing large cones often are conspicuous on lower branches. Its association with the Bible and the Holy Land make this species of special interest. The fragrant durable wood is used for construction timbers, lumber, furniture, and paneling in its native lands. The northeastern range was extended by collecting seed from native trees at their highest altitude. Lebanon cedar information tells us that these conifers are native to Lebanon, Syria and Turkey. In yesteryear, vast forests of Lebanon cedar trees covered these regions, but today they are largely gone. However, people around the world began growing cedar of Lebanon trees for their grace and beauty. Lebanon cedar trees have thick trunks and stout branches too. Younger trees are shaped like pyramids, but the crown of a Lebanon cedar tree flattens as it ages. Mature trees also have bark that is cracked and fissured. You’ll have to be patient if you want to start growing cedar of Lebanon. The trees don’t even flower until they are 25 or 30 years old, which means that until that time, they do not reproduce. Once they begin to flower, they produce unisex catkins, 2-inches long and reddish in color; in time, the cones grow to 5 inches long, standing up like candles on the branches. The cones are light green until they mature, when they become brown. Their scales each contain two winged seeds that are carried away by the wind.
All Other Countries
First Item: $6.99
Additional Items: $0.99
First Item: $3.99
Additional Items: $0.69
DownrightNatural Policies & Guidelines
The time I need to prepare an order for shipping varies. For details, see individual items.
Estimated shipping times
* Australia: 7-21 business days
* Canada: 3-10 business days
* North America: 3-5 business days
* Europe: 7-14 business days
* Australia, New Zealand, and Oceania: 7-14 business days
* Asia Pacific: 14-21 business days
* Latin America and the Caribbean: 7-14 business days
* North Africa and the Middle East: 14-28 business days
* Sub-Saharan Africa: 14-21 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates but cannot guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Customs and import taxes
* Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
I gladly accept returns, exchanges, and cancellations
* Contact me within: 3 days of delivery
* Ship items back within: 7 days of delivery
* Request a cancellation within: 24 hours of purchase
The following items can't be returned or exchanged
* Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
* Custom or personalized orders
* Perishable products (like food or flowers)
Conditions of return
* Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Questions about your order?
* Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
* I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
* To communicate with you about your order
* To fulfill your order
* For legal reasons (like paying taxes)
Custom and personalized orders
* Please contact us for customized or personalized items. They are not listed here on ArtFire, but we do offer this service, when applicable or available.
* All seeds currently listed on ArtFire are available in custom quantities.
* Please contact us for wholesale amounts not listed in our store. We carry wholesale lots of seed and other Organic Supplies.
* Do to crops, availability of seed or items, and other constraints, we will do what we can to fulfill any wholesale request.
* Wholesale quantities can be found on www.downrightnatural.com
Gift wrapping and packaging
* We do not currently offer gift wrapping services.
* Seeds: Since all seeds are different, even within the same species, their care, storage, planting, germination, care, maintenance, and harvesting are all different. I try to present all of the important information in my listings and included in the packaging if requested. (If you have any questions regarding a purchase, please contact me, and I will help where I am able.)
* Handcrafted & Wildcrafted items: Due to the unique qualities inherent in the various hand and wildcrafted items I offer, each one has differing care and storage concerns. Please contact me for detailed or specific information regarding your purchase for further instructions or assistance.
Scarification & Stratification of Seeds
* When applicable, all seeds are stored in temperature and humidity controlled environments. This either stratifies or partially stratifies the seeds in question. We do not, and will not, scarify seed prior to shipment. (This is done to reduce the chance of pathogens or microbes inhibiting or destroying the seed during transit.) If you have any questions regarding stratification and scarification of a particular seed, please contact me directly, and I will help you with what to do and how to do it for optimum results.
International Orders (Standardized English [Latin Characters] spelling for ease of delivery)
* If your order is for a destination outside the United States, please provide standardized English spellings for postal addresses. (Cyrillic, East Asian, or other local address languages cannot be processed in a reasonable time by the USPS.)
* I ask you to do this is to avoid delays, refusals, and returns for your items when the address provided is not able to be easily understood by the United States Postal Service; or the characters printed are not readable due to system or computer constraints, both in printing and by processing by the various postal entities.
* I will include your address in English (Standard Latin alphabet) as well as provided by you for easy of handling and delivery by all postal authorities handling the package.
* Please contact me with any questions regarding your postal address or options you desire.
International Payments for Orders
* If you live outside of the United States and are ordering from DownrightNatural and paying by any other method that requires you to mail payment to us. Please ensure the following is followed 100%, or your order may not be fulfilled and your payment returned:
* 1) All orders MUST include your ARTFIRE ORDER NUMBER
* 2) All order must Include your PROPER MAILING ADDRESS
* 3) All Payment MUST be made payable in US DOLLARS (US$)
* 4) Payment MUST be received within 14 days, or your order will be CANCELLED
* 5) International Personal Checks will NOT BE HONORED
* 6) International Business Checks will NOT BE HONORED
* 7) Payment in anything but UNITED STATES DOLLARS will NOT BE HONORED
(I am sorry if this seems blunt, but, the fees to process your payment in anythign but US Dollars is cost prohibitive
to providing you economical seeds and crafts.)
Purchased monkey puzzle tree seeds. They arrived on time and in acceptable packaging, but the seeds are way too tiny. This type of tree produces large seeds, usually 1.5 to 2 inches in length. The seeds I received where not even 1/16 of an inch.
Emailed seller twice regarding my surprise and concern and have not received a response.
My recommendation: Find another seller.