Medusa Copper - large sized contemporary wooden wall clock
Medusa is one of the three Gorgons from the Greek mythology. As they once hurt Pallas Athene, the goddess of wisdom she imprecated curses upon these once beautiful girls who turned to be ugly and wore living snakes in the place of their hair since then. This clock depicts Medusa's head with the wriggling snakes.
This clock is actually the larger version of Radium II.
- Raw material: the selection of the raw material was based on the principle to keep the natural appearance of the wood as much as possible - thus plywood was used for it bears the wood grain still strong and thin enough.
Owing to this naturalness small changes in color and pattern may occur (compared to the images attached).
- Manufacturing process: the central dial and the spikes of this particular clock are laser cut from a 6mm birch plywood board, after polishing the spikes are hand painted with 3 different shades of copper and then distributed evenly and clamped manually on the dial. The central disk remains untreated. Owing to the manual distribution process none of these clocks are identical.
- The movement: is silent / non ticking, second hand sweeps around. It runs with 1 AA type 1.5V battery (not included in the package). Standard hands are made of white metal.
diameter: 41cm (16")
depth: 3,3cm (1 1/4"),
weight: 0,55kg (1.2lbs)
This item is made to order, usual processing time is ~1 week.
All Other Countries
First Item: $0.00
Additional Items: $0.00
Each item in this shop is made to order, usual processing time is ~5-7 days.
Once item is ready it ships as expedited postage parcels. Duration of shipping depends on the destination, e.g.:
- to USA/Australia/Japan: ~2 weeks,
- to EU: ~5 business days.
- regular sized clocks: 11 3/4" x 11 3/4" x 1 9/16" (30 x 30 x 5cm), weight: ~350g
- large clocks: 17" x 17" x 2" (42 x 42 x 5cm), weight: ~650g
- rings: 2" x 2" x 2" (5 x 5 x 5cm), weight: ~40cm
We dont take responsibility for items that get returned owing to inaccurate / mistyped address (save mistyping was made by us) or when local post is unable to find the recipient / address.
The intention of returning an already purchased item needs to be announced to ardeola in advance via email (email@example.com) and could be performed within 8 days counted from the reception of the purchased item. Costs of return shipping is paid by buyer, seller refunds the full purchase price upon reception of the returned item if item arrives faultless in its original package.
Name / address for return shipping:
Hajlat utca 10.
Hungary / Europe
If buyer receives the item broken or damaged return shipping is free (paid by seller). Photos of the broken element(s) need to be sent to ardeola before sending the item back. In this case buyer can choose between replacement of the damaged item or money refund.
We guarantee the faultlessness of our products for 1 year counted from purchase. Should the product still prove to be faulty we replace it or repair it for free of charge, after receiving any proof, e.g. photos or videos of the faulty or defected element(s) - sent to the email address: ardeola [!at] ardola.hu
Owing to the naturalness of most of the raw materials we use certain discrepancy in appearance may occur between the uploaded photos and the real object the customer receives. This may not give basis to any refund/return issue.
Wooden elements cannot be cleaned with water for it may harm the surface.
ardeola has not yet received any comments from shoppers.