Organic Springfield tobacco Seeds - 20 Count
Heirloom Springfield tobacco Seeds
Other Names: Nebraska tobacco
Short Description: tobacco from the mid-USA. Grown in large quantities by the pioneers in older times.
Details: A tobacco from the mid-USA. Grown in large quantities by the pioneers in older times. A robust plant that can take anything you or Mother Nature throws at it. Has a densely flowered head, and tight, bunched leaves. One of our favorites to grow. Nicotiana is the genus of annual and perennial herbs and, more rarely, shrubs of the nightshade family. Plants have sticky, hairy, foliage. The flowers are trumpet shaped and white, yellow, green, pink orange or violet. Most varieties grow well in large containers outside or indoors in direct sunlight or artificial light. Planting in your garden will help attract beneficial ecology to your garden.
Diameter: 2 - 4.5 Feet
Height: 2 - 4 Feet
Spacing: 18-24 in.
Texture: Fine, Full Bodied Leaves
Form: Full, upturned vase shape
USDA Zones: 11 to 3a
Sun: Sun to Partial Shade
Water: Average Water Needs; Water regularly; do not over water
Flower Color: White to light Cream/Yellow
Flower Period: Mid Summer to Late Summer/Early Fall
Flowers: N/A - Not available at this time, data will be included when available.
Foliage: N/A - Not available at this time, data will be included when available.
Foliage Color: N/A - Not available at this time, data will be included when available.
Fruit: N/A - Not available at this time, data will be included when available.
Fruit Color: N/A - Not available at this time, data will be included when available.
Fruit Cones: N/A - Not available at this time, data will be included when available.
Germination: Sow indoors before last frost or direct sow after last frost. tobacco is a very easy plant to grow and requires only 65-70 frost free nights to mature once transplanted outside. Sprinkle the seed on the soil surface, then firm the soil surface to insure good seed to soil contact. Irrigate with a very fine spray, or add water to a saucer under the flower pot. Add water as often as necessary to keep the soil surface moist, but avoid excessive water. Small amounts of fertilizer will be needed to produce the transplants. A tobacco fertilizer should contain little or no chlorine and most of the nitrogen should be in the nitrate form. Once they have grown to 4 or more inches, transplant seedlings to a prepared garden bed.
Growth Habit: Full Bodied
Ecological Value: Used for their abundant flowers, heavy leaves and ability to withstand pest attacks. Makes a wonderful garden plant, accent plant, or other garden use. May be used in containers, pots, borders, and mixed plantings. tobacco is a very community oriented
Native range: North American Continent
Home Uses: Nicotine production by all tobacco plants can be harvested to make a totally organic and natural pesticide. tobacco for personal consumption is limited to just under an acre; per non-commercial grower; for individual or family consumption.
Origin notes: Heirloom Grower, Lancaster County PA, USA
Soil pH: 5.5 or Higher
Soil Type: Loamy, rich soils, with heavy organic matter
Pests: tobacco may be susceptible to various pests and diseases if they are present in your garden. We are unable to provide a list of the different types due to geographic differences and limitations in growers edibility to identify potential pests. It is bes
All Other Countries
First Item: $6.99
Additional Items: $0.99
First Item: $3.99
Additional Items: $0.69
DownrightNatural Policies & Guidelines
The time I need to prepare an order for shipping varies. For details, see individual items.
Estimated shipping times
* Australia: 7-21 business days
* Canada: 3-10 business days
* North America: 3-5 business days
* Europe: 7-14 business days
* Australia, New Zealand, and Oceania: 7-14 business days
* Asia Pacific: 14-21 business days
* Latin America and the Caribbean: 7-14 business days
* North Africa and the Middle East: 14-28 business days
* Sub-Saharan Africa: 14-21 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates but cannot guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Customs and import taxes
* Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
I gladly accept returns, exchanges, and cancellations
* Contact me within: 3 days of delivery
* Ship items back within: 7 days of delivery
* Request a cancellation within: 24 hours of purchase
The following items can't be returned or exchanged
* Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
* Custom or personalized orders
* Perishable products (like food or flowers)
Conditions of return
* Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Questions about your order?
* Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
* I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
* To communicate with you about your order
* To fulfill your order
* For legal reasons (like paying taxes)
Custom and personalized orders
* Please contact us for customized or personalized items. They are not listed here on ArtFire, but we do offer this service, when applicable or available.
* All seeds currently listed on ArtFire are available in custom quantities.
* Please contact us for wholesale amounts not listed in our store. We carry wholesale lots of seed and other Organic Supplies.
* Do to crops, availability of seed or items, and other constraints, we will do what we can to fulfill any wholesale request.
* Wholesale quantities can be found on www.downrightnatural.com
Gift wrapping and packaging
* We do not currently offer gift wrapping services.
* Seeds: Since all seeds are different, even within the same species, their care, storage, planting, germination, care, maintenance, and harvesting are all different. I try to present all of the important information in my listings and included in the packaging if requested. (If you have any questions regarding a purchase, please contact me, and I will help where I am able.)
* Handcrafted & Wildcrafted items: Due to the unique qualities inherent in the various hand and wildcrafted items I offer, each one has differing care and storage concerns. Please contact me for detailed or specific information regarding your purchase for further instructions or assistance.
Scarification & Stratification of Seeds
* When applicable, all seeds are stored in temperature and humidity controlled environments. This either stratifies or partially stratifies the seeds in question. We do not, and will not, scarify seed prior to shipment. (This is done to reduce the chance of pathogens or microbes inhibiting or destroying the seed during transit.) If you have any questions regarding stratification and scarification of a particular seed, please contact me directly, and I will help you with what to do and how to do it for optimum results.
International Orders (Standardized English [Latin Characters] spelling for ease of delivery)
* If your order is for a destination outside the United States, please provide standardized English spellings for postal addresses. (Cyrillic, East Asian, or other local address languages cannot be processed in a reasonable time by the USPS.)
* I ask you to do this is to avoid delays, refusals, and returns for your items when the address provided is not able to be easily understood by the United States Postal Service; or the characters printed are not readable due to system or computer constraints, both in printing and by processing by the various postal entities.
* I will include your address in English (Standard Latin alphabet) as well as provided by you for easy of handling and delivery by all postal authorities handling the package.
* Please contact me with any questions regarding your postal address or options you desire.
International Payments for Orders
* If you live outside of the United States and are ordering from DownrightNatural and paying by any other method that requires you to mail payment to us. Please ensure the following is followed 100%, or your order may not be fulfilled and your payment returned:
* 1) All orders MUST include your ARTFIRE ORDER NUMBER
* 2) All order must Include your PROPER MAILING ADDRESS
* 3) All Payment MUST be made payable in US DOLLARS (US$)
* 4) Payment MUST be received within 14 days, or your order will be CANCELLED
* 5) International Personal Checks will NOT BE HONORED
* 6) International Business Checks will NOT BE HONORED
* 7) Payment in anything but UNITED STATES DOLLARS will NOT BE HONORED
(I am sorry if this seems blunt, but, the fees to process your payment in anythign but US Dollars is cost prohibitive
to providing you economical seeds and crafts.)
Purchased monkey puzzle tree seeds. They arrived on time and in acceptable packaging, but the seeds are way too tiny. This type of tree produces large seeds, usually 1.5 to 2 inches in length. The seeds I received where not even 1/16 of an inch.
Emailed seller twice regarding my surprise and concern and have not received a response.
My recommendation: Find another seller.