12.5" - 14" Size BuddyWear WinterWear™ Malden Mills Windpro®
This listing is for a specialized material from Malden Mills. It is designed to protect against wind and provide warmth. It would be considered to be in the mid range for warmth so if your in freezing temps you will want to layer. The surface has a tight knit with fleece inside and will not pill like normal fleece. It will provide years of wear.
All my items are priced based on back length of dog from base of neck to start of tail. This listing is for the dog in the 12.5-14" range only.
If you have a bigger dog please see the listing appropriate for your dogs back length
Malden Mills is the originator of fleece and to this day manufactures the highest quality fleece in America. Tanner is my American Hairless Terrier and is modeling his to show fit.
When trying to decide on hemmed legs or cuffed there are a couple things to keep in mind. Other sellers try and convince you with all the negatives regarding cuffs because they don't offer them but honestly..it's your choice. There are multiple benefits to both and my goal is to offer you the option that best serves your application. Cuffs not only provide a sporty look they are great for tucking in boots and stopping all drafts. It also will help keep the legs in. Many dogs when laying down tuck up and the legs will come out of the sleeve. The suit Tanner is wearing has a leg length that works well for our condidtions as you can see he is in grass to potty and it keeps the bottom of the cuffs from dragging through wet grass and dirt.
One piece design just slips over the head and the legs gently guided in. No need to remove for potty breaks..there is plenty of room on the underside. All seems are serged with 4 threads which provides maximum stretch and movement with no blow outs.
Great body suit for Italian Greyhounds..biggie iggy to small iggy, Hairless breeds, Whippets, Xolos, American Hairless Terriers, Chinese Crested, and any dog needing a little extra help in the warmth dept.
Please include dogs:
1. Length from base of neck to start of tail
2. Chest at deepest point all the way around.
3. Neck in the center all they way around.
4. Height at shoulder
8. Length from base of neck to start of ear.
Below is instructions for measuring.
First of all thank you, for taking the time to read this, it will help you get a better fitting garment for your dog. It will also help me during my busy season as I can spend over 2 hours of each day answering questions and trying to get good measurements.
There are just a few parts to getting a good measurement.
1. A soft measuring tape.
3. A relaxed standing dog.
4. More patience.
You wouldn't believe how many times I have gotten emails wanting to know if they can use their metal construction tape and measure their dog while the dog is laying down sleeping.
Ok..back to measuring. I need 1. length 2. chest 3. neck 4. height 5. weight, 6. sex
7. breed. All measurements should be snug but not tight, don't allow extra, I will on my end.
1. Length: This often difficult to explain. It is from the base of the neck to the start of the tail. The base of the neck is usually, depending on size and breed, a couple finger widths in front of the shoulder blades. Another way to "see" the base of neck is to watch your dog when out free in the yard and something catches his attention. Right where the neck takes the natural bend up is the base.
2. Chest: This is an easy one. At the deepest part, just behind the front legs, completely around.
3. Neck: Again, an easy one. Right in the middle, not at the base and not at the ears but smack dab in the middle, all the way around.
4. Height: This one can be a challenge and important but not critical. You take from the top of the shoulder blade to the ground. If you have a light weight straight object you can lay over the shoulder blades across the back you can see the starting point.
5. Weight: Weight helps me put all the puzzle together and know if you are close in the above measurements. Please don't guess, if you haven't gotten a recent weight at the vets office you can use you home scale provided you can pick you dog up. Again this is not critical so if you can't get it and are accurate with the rest I can make your suit.
6/7. Sex and Breed: Sex helps with knowing how much coverage I can give to the belly and breed helps me know if your measurements are correct.
8. If you want full neck coverage I need base of neck to the back of the ear.
No returns on custom orders but I will alter for free if it's just a matter of leg length or other easy fixes.
By making this purchase you agree you have read and understood my shop policy's.
Easy machine wash and dry on cool.
Thank you for stopping by my store, and buying Made in America.
All Other Countries
First Item: $25.00
Additional Items: $4.95
First Item: $14.95
Additional Items: $2.95
First Item: $5.25
Additional Items: $1.95
Dog clothing is not returnable so please be sure of your size before ordering. If I make a mistake and send you the wrong size I will promptly refund postage of the item to be returned and send out the correct one.
I ship all packages under 13 oz first class. I am not responsible if your package gets lost or delivered to the incorrect address. I will provide you with a tracking number and personally take it to the Post office on my end so I know it's safely in the hands of the USPS. I will say in the 12 years I have been shipping with them they have only lost 2 packages. If you want insurance please contact me before.
If you dog has not worn clothing before and you are a first time buyer please don't leave your dog alone while wearing the suit until your sure the fit is proper and your dog is comfortable.
Seller made this custom order for my fat little mini doxie with very short front legs and barrel chest. It fits her great, I am very pleased and will order from this seller again.
Randi is just AMAZING!!! Everything is so beautiful, and the "junk" that is purchased in the store just could never compare to her work!! You can tell that her whole heart and soul goes into her clothes - I am still so happy and excited! The fit is PERFECT and Teeghan LOVES everything! My fur-daughters are now referring to her as "Auntie Randi"...Thank you so, so much!
The bed is awesome Randi, thanks so much!!! In hindsight I should have ordered an extra large so I'll probably be back to get one of those :-) I have 2 'pocket' beagles, each about 20 - 23 lbs and they do everything together including snooze. Thanks again, it's perfect!!!
I still can't believe how beautiful these are, how perfectly they fit, and how comfy they are for my fur-baby! It's amazing to work with and buy from someone who is so thoughtful, kind, nice - and PATIENT with pains in the butt like me!!!