Organic Fresno Chile Seeds - 25 Seeds
Organic Fresno Chile Seeds
Description: Similar in size and shape to Jalapeno. Ripens to a red color, spicier than the Jalapeno and very popular for use in salsas. Plants have nice cold tolerance and are easy to grow. Fruits have a slight bit of sweetness along with their spice.
Scoville Heat Units (SHU): 2,500 to 10,000
Food: The colorful aspect of peppers can increase the visual appeal of the food, making it more appetizing. However, foods containing peppers, especially chili peppers, often have a strong aftertaste. This is likely due to the presence of capsinoids in peppers. Also, capsaicin, a chemical found in chili peppers, creates a burning sensation once ingested. This sensation can last up to several hours after exposure. As a result, this can lead to a prolonged aftertaste.
Starting: Sow the seeds indoors to get jump start on your season. [Starting the peppers seeds, no matter what kind, Sweet Bell Peppers, Southwestern Chili Peppers, Specialty Hot Peppers, and Ornamental Peppers] in the best planting medium that you can. The better their start, the healthier the Pepper plant will be.
Growing Peppers: Plant the seeds in sterile potting mix, eight weeks prior to the last expected frost date in your area. Plant seeds at a depth equal to two times their diameter. According to scientific studies, the biologically optimum conditions for germinating pepper seeds are "day night" soil temperature fluctuations between 86° and 59º F with sixteen hours of light and eight hours of darkness. Seed will not germinate at all from about 50º F and colder. Germination usually occurs in eight to eighteen days but rates can to be erratic. Peppers are tender plants that thrive in warm weather. Blossoms will drop if temperatures drop below 60° F or if they get too much nitrogen. Days to harvest quoted are an estimate from transplanting into the garden. Hot pepper and the capsaicin oil in hot pepper cannot be neutralized by water. Wash hands or rinse mouth with vinegar or lemon juice to alleviate discomfort in an emergency. Bread, bananas, pasta, or potatoes will also alleviate the burning sensation. Never touch your face or eyes after handling hot peppers. (Warm growing temperatures develop the hottest peppers).
Pollination Warning: Peppers are self-pollinators. Occasionally, they will cross pollinate from pollen carried by bees or other insects. To minimize this possibility, do not plant hot and sweet peppers in close proximity; allow a minimum of 6 feet between differing varieties. The crossing will not affect the fruit of this year's crop; however, the cross will show up in the genetics of the seeds, if you save them
Spacing: Rows, 2.5 to 3 feet apart (Closer in sustainable/intensive gardens). Plant differing types well apart, a minimum of 6 feet between types.
Soil: Peppers thrive in a well-drained, fertile soil that is well supplied with water. (Peppers are originally a tropical plant and like to grow in warm soil.) The soil should be well drained and your pepper plants should be planted in late spring when the soil has significantly warmed up.
Sun: Full sun and lightly dappled shade. Most peppers will not perform well in very shady locales.
Water: Peppers in general require a heavy supply of water to bear fruit properly. Never allow to dry out or become wilted.
Soil pH: The plants are not particularly sensitive to soil acidity, but best results are obtained in the 6.0 to 6.8 pH range. While most pepper plants will tolerate rages slightly above and below this range, you should amend the soil to properly adjust for best production results.
Harvesting: Peppers can be picked as soon as they reach a size which is edible. If you prefer smaller, more intense peppers, you may pick within a few weeks of emergence. Allowing the peppers to mature on the plant will provide the largest pepper. Additionally, you may harvest the plant in its entirety, and hang inverted to dry all peppers on the plant for consumption, decoration, or seed saving.
Insects and Pests: Several insects will enjoy your pepper plants. Spider mites and aphids are the most common, with an occasional borer. In many areas, it is infrequent. For the infrequent problem, try an organic insecticide such as tobacco dust.
Disease: While many viruses and diseases can affect peppers, it is somewhat infrequent. Fungal infections can be treated with organic. Addressing the issue as soon as it is noticed will reduce loss and increase potential pepper yield.
Hardiness: No doubts about it, peppers do not like frost. In the spring, frost will stunt or kill the plants. Cold weather can cause the plant to slow down or stunt it. In the autumn, cover the plants, if frost is expected. Use a hot cap on cold and frosty spring nights. If they are vented, they can they left on all day.
WARNINGS: Even pepper seeds from 'Sweet' peppers may contain some capsaicinoids that could irritate your skin causing dermatitis. As well, 'Hot' peppers may contain a lower amount of capsaicinoids, which will affect the perceived 'temperature' of the peppers grown. As always, when handling peppers, pepper seeds, flesh, skins, etc., and in pepper preparation, use gloves, and remember Never Touch Your Eyes, and, please use care in handling all parts of the pepper
All Other Countries
First Item: $6.99
Additional Items: $0.99
First Item: $3.99
Additional Items: $0.69
DownrightNatural Policies & Guidelines
The time I need to prepare an order for shipping varies. For details, see individual items.
Estimated shipping times
* Australia: 7-21 business days
* Canada: 3-10 business days
* North America: 3-5 business days
* Europe: 7-14 business days
* Australia, New Zealand, and Oceania: 7-14 business days
* Asia Pacific: 14-21 business days
* Latin America and the Caribbean: 7-14 business days
* North Africa and the Middle East: 14-28 business days
* Sub-Saharan Africa: 14-21 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates but cannot guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Customs and import taxes
* Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
I gladly accept returns, exchanges, and cancellations
* Contact me within: 3 days of delivery
* Ship items back within: 7 days of delivery
* Request a cancellation within: 24 hours of purchase
The following items can't be returned or exchanged
* Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
* Custom or personalized orders
* Perishable products (like food or flowers)
Conditions of return
* Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Questions about your order?
* Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
* I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
* To communicate with you about your order
* To fulfill your order
* For legal reasons (like paying taxes)
Custom and personalized orders
* Please contact us for customized or personalized items. They are not listed here on ArtFire, but we do offer this service, when applicable or available.
* All seeds currently listed on ArtFire are available in custom quantities.
* Please contact us for wholesale amounts not listed in our store. We carry wholesale lots of seed and other Organic Supplies.
* Do to crops, availability of seed or items, and other constraints, we will do what we can to fulfill any wholesale request.
* Wholesale quantities can be found on www.downrightnatural.com
Gift wrapping and packaging
* We do not currently offer gift wrapping services.
* Seeds: Since all seeds are different, even within the same species, their care, storage, planting, germination, care, maintenance, and harvesting are all different. I try to present all of the important information in my listings and included in the packaging if requested. (If you have any questions regarding a purchase, please contact me, and I will help where I am able.)
* Handcrafted & Wildcrafted items: Due to the unique qualities inherent in the various hand and wildcrafted items I offer, each one has differing care and storage concerns. Please contact me for detailed or specific information regarding your purchase for further instructions or assistance.
Scarification & Stratification of Seeds
* When applicable, all seeds are stored in temperature and humidity controlled environments. This either stratifies or partially stratifies the seeds in question. We do not, and will not, scarify seed prior to shipment. (This is done to reduce the chance of pathogens or microbes inhibiting or destroying the seed during transit.) If you have any questions regarding stratification and scarification of a particular seed, please contact me directly, and I will help you with what to do and how to do it for optimum results.
International Orders (Standardized English [Latin Characters] spelling for ease of delivery)
* If your order is for a destination outside the United States, please provide standardized English spellings for postal addresses. (Cyrillic, East Asian, or other local address languages cannot be processed in a reasonable time by the USPS.)
* I ask you to do this is to avoid delays, refusals, and returns for your items when the address provided is not able to be easily understood by the United States Postal Service; or the characters printed are not readable due to system or computer constraints, both in printing and by processing by the various postal entities.
* I will include your address in English (Standard Latin alphabet) as well as provided by you for easy of handling and delivery by all postal authorities handling the package.
* Please contact me with any questions regarding your postal address or options you desire.
International Payments for Orders
* If you live outside of the United States and are ordering from DownrightNatural and paying by any other method that requires you to mail payment to us. Please ensure the following is followed 100%, or your order may not be fulfilled and your payment returned:
* 1) All orders MUST include your ARTFIRE ORDER NUMBER
* 2) All order must Include your PROPER MAILING ADDRESS
* 3) All Payment MUST be made payable in US DOLLARS (US$)
* 4) Payment MUST be received within 14 days, or your order will be CANCELLED
* 5) International Personal Checks will NOT BE HONORED
* 6) International Business Checks will NOT BE HONORED
* 7) Payment in anything but UNITED STATES DOLLARS will NOT BE HONORED
(I am sorry if this seems blunt, but, the fees to process your payment in anythign but US Dollars is cost prohibitive
to providing you economical seeds and crafts.)
Purchased monkey puzzle tree seeds. They arrived on time and in acceptable packaging, but the seeds are way too tiny. This type of tree produces large seeds, usually 1.5 to 2 inches in length. The seeds I received where not even 1/16 of an inch.
Emailed seller twice regarding my surprise and concern and have not received a response.
My recommendation: Find another seller.