Organic Olivade Plum Tomato Seeds - 20 Seeds
Organic Olivade Plum Tomato Seeds
Tomato Type: Specialty
Leaf Type: Narrow
Plant Type: Indeterminate
Plant Height: 4 ft.
Fruit Size: 3 3-1/2 oz.
Fruit Shape: Plum
Skin Color: Red
Flesh Color: Red
Harvest: Varies, depending upon planting location, latitude, altitude, and growing conditions.
Days to Germination: 7 - 10 days depending upon methods, sunlight, water, and other factors.
Sun: Tomato seedlings will need strong direct sunlight to develop properly, use precautions to avoid scorching and sunburn.
Water: Tomatoes are about the watering! Skimp on adding compost, organic fertilizers and the rest, but if you want good tomatoes it's about the water. A daily supply of water is essential for proper development and tomato production.
Planting Depth: 0.25 - 0.75 inches
Soil: Loose, organic, somewhat sandy soil that is well draining is the best for tomatoes. Amend soil with compost to increase available nutrients, yield, and planting density.
Soil Preparation: Tomatoes love heat. Cover the planting area with black or red plastic a couple of weeks before you intend to plant. Those extra degrees of warmth will translate into earlier tomatoes. (Mulch after the ground has had a chance to warm up. Mulching does conserve water and prevents the soil and soil borne diseases from splashing up on the plants, but if you put it down too early it will also shade and therefore cool the soil.)
Soil pH: Optimal soil pH is 6.0 to 6.5, however, slight variations are acceptable.
Plant Spacing: Grower preference, leave enough room for the branches to spread without becoming tangled with other plants in your garden.
Row Spacing: Grower preference. Leaving enough room to allow access between the plants for watering, weeding, and other chores is a good rule of thumb.
Hardiness: Tomatoes are actually perennials in tropical climates, but gardeners in temperate climates grow them as warm season, frost-tender annuals. Tomato foliage is damaged by frost and freezing temperatures will kill the plant. Most varieties will not set fruit if nighttime temperatures fall below 50º F (10º C) or if daytime temperature stay above 90º F (32 ºC).
Know your type: As the name suggests, Determinates have vines that grow to a determined point and stop, making them more compact and bushy (They are sometimes listed as bush tomatoes). Indeterminates are more vine-y than determinates; their vines continue to grow and need support. Determinates tend to be early; indeterminates are a good bet for later fruit. Specialties have varying growth habits and may display characteristics of both types.
Planting Instructions: Start seed indoors in a sunny location 6 weeks prior to warm weather. Transplant outdoors in full sun when seedlings display 4-6 leaves and weather is warm. Seed can be sown directly into garden when soil is warm. Tomatoes cannot tolerate frost. To keep fruit clean and easier to pick, support plants with stakes or cages. Tomatoes require at least an inch of water per week.
Additional Information: Features: Technically, the tomato is a berry, defined as a fruit that does not split open and is fleshy except for the multiple seeds within and the dry skin on the outside. Legally, however, the US Supreme Court has decreed that the tomato is a vegetable (for purposes of commerce and government regulations)! The nightshade family includes many other important vegetables, such as chili and bell peppers (Capsicum spp.); Irish potato (Solanum tuberosum); eggplant (Solanum melonga); and tomatillo (Physalis ixocarpa); and some poisonous ones such as tobacco (Nicotiana tabacum); and deadly nightshade (Solanum dulcamara); (not to mention supermarket tomatoes.) Potatoes are so closely related to tomatoes that they can be grafted onto each other.
All Other Countries
First Item: $6.99
Additional Items: $0.99
First Item: $3.99
Additional Items: $0.69
DownrightNatural Policies & Guidelines
The time I need to prepare an order for shipping varies. For details, see individual items.
Estimated shipping times
* Australia: 7-21 business days
* Canada: 3-10 business days
* North America: 3-5 business days
* Europe: 7-14 business days
* Australia, New Zealand, and Oceania: 7-14 business days
* Asia Pacific: 14-21 business days
* Latin America and the Caribbean: 7-14 business days
* North Africa and the Middle East: 14-28 business days
* Sub-Saharan Africa: 14-21 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates but cannot guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Customs and import taxes
* Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
I gladly accept returns, exchanges, and cancellations
* Contact me within: 3 days of delivery
* Ship items back within: 7 days of delivery
* Request a cancellation within: 24 hours of purchase
The following items can't be returned or exchanged
* Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
* Custom or personalized orders
* Perishable products (like food or flowers)
Conditions of return
* Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Questions about your order?
* Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
* I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
* To communicate with you about your order
* To fulfill your order
* For legal reasons (like paying taxes)
Custom and personalized orders
* Please contact us for customized or personalized items. They are not listed here on ArtFire, but we do offer this service, when applicable or available.
* All seeds currently listed on ArtFire are available in custom quantities.
* Please contact us for wholesale amounts not listed in our store. We carry wholesale lots of seed and other Organic Supplies.
* Do to crops, availability of seed or items, and other constraints, we will do what we can to fulfill any wholesale request.
* Wholesale quantities can be found on www.downrightnatural.com
Gift wrapping and packaging
* We do not currently offer gift wrapping services.
* Seeds: Since all seeds are different, even within the same species, their care, storage, planting, germination, care, maintenance, and harvesting are all different. I try to present all of the important information in my listings and included in the packaging if requested. (If you have any questions regarding a purchase, please contact me, and I will help where I am able.)
* Handcrafted & Wildcrafted items: Due to the unique qualities inherent in the various hand and wildcrafted items I offer, each one has differing care and storage concerns. Please contact me for detailed or specific information regarding your purchase for further instructions or assistance.
Scarification & Stratification of Seeds
* When applicable, all seeds are stored in temperature and humidity controlled environments. This either stratifies or partially stratifies the seeds in question. We do not, and will not, scarify seed prior to shipment. (This is done to reduce the chance of pathogens or microbes inhibiting or destroying the seed during transit.) If you have any questions regarding stratification and scarification of a particular seed, please contact me directly, and I will help you with what to do and how to do it for optimum results.
International Orders (Standardized English [Latin Characters] spelling for ease of delivery)
* If your order is for a destination outside the United States, please provide standardized English spellings for postal addresses. (Cyrillic, East Asian, or other local address languages cannot be processed in a reasonable time by the USPS.)
* I ask you to do this is to avoid delays, refusals, and returns for your items when the address provided is not able to be easily understood by the United States Postal Service; or the characters printed are not readable due to system or computer constraints, both in printing and by processing by the various postal entities.
* I will include your address in English (Standard Latin alphabet) as well as provided by you for easy of handling and delivery by all postal authorities handling the package.
* Please contact me with any questions regarding your postal address or options you desire.
International Payments for Orders
* If you live outside of the United States and are ordering from DownrightNatural and paying by any other method that requires you to mail payment to us. Please ensure the following is followed 100%, or your order may not be fulfilled and your payment returned:
* 1) All orders MUST include your ARTFIRE ORDER NUMBER
* 2) All order must Include your PROPER MAILING ADDRESS
* 3) All Payment MUST be made payable in US DOLLARS (US$)
* 4) Payment MUST be received within 14 days, or your order will be CANCELLED
* 5) International Personal Checks will NOT BE HONORED
* 6) International Business Checks will NOT BE HONORED
* 7) Payment in anything but UNITED STATES DOLLARS will NOT BE HONORED
(I am sorry if this seems blunt, but, the fees to process your payment in anythign but US Dollars is cost prohibitive
to providing you economical seeds and crafts.)
Purchased monkey puzzle tree seeds. They arrived on time and in acceptable packaging, but the seeds are way too tiny. This type of tree produces large seeds, usually 1.5 to 2 inches in length. The seeds I received where not even 1/16 of an inch.
Emailed seller twice regarding my surprise and concern and have not received a response.
My recommendation: Find another seller.