Knitting pattern - Phoenix shawl
A flamy shawl that can be knit with a single skein of sock yarn (420yd) or lace weight yarn (900yd). Knitted in one piece, with minimal number of stitches to pick up.
The Phoenix Shawl is a tapered triangle, with wide borders along the shoulders and a wide central spine framing fiery wings. It is knitted in one piece, with barely no stitch picking!
The shawl in the photographs was knitted with a skein of laceweight yarn hand-dyed by Handarbeitskram (http://www.handarbeitskram.com).
Pattern provides two sizes, one to be knitted using fingering weight yarn, the other to be knitted using lace weight yarn. In fingering weight, the shawl will be 58" across by 30" deep. In lace weight, it will be 74" across by 48" deep.
The pattern provides only charted directions. Please read all instructions carefully. The construction of the shawl, although not complicated, is quite different from most other shawls.
The pattern uses three traditional patterns, combined to capture the essence of the mythical phoenix. The central spine and wide borders of the shawl are fan lace, marking the three longs feathers of a Phoenix's tail. The wings are full of columns of flames and slithering faggoting.
All photographs Copyright 2011 by TJ Mitchell, more of his work can be found at http://www.static-images.co.uk/Static_Images/.
All Other Countries
First Item: $0.00
Additional Items: $0.00
Placing an order:
For items that are knitted to order, orders will be processed as follows:
- When placing your order, you will need to provide all the information requested in the item description. This will generally include size and yarn/colours to be used.
- I will review your order, ensure that I can get hold of the yarns you request, and confirm your order.
- Once I have cofirmed your order and payment has been made, I will consider your order placed and start knitting your item. If for whichever reason I cannot get the materials to knit your item, I will reimburse any payments you may have made.
- After your order is placed, please allow four to six weeks for knitting and delivery. I will notify you when your items are dispatched, which may be earlier than that. If I think it may take longer than that, I will contact you as soon as possible.
- Payment will be through Paypal only.
- I will ship internationally.
- Insured shipping and/or shipping with a tracking number can be arranged if the buyer requests it prior to placing the order. Both insurance and tracked shipping can be quite expensive, so it's good to have figures in place before the order is placed.
- Listed items will be shipped one to two working days after payment is received.
- Delivery of custom made items will be arranged with the buyer before the order is accepted.
Refunds and Exchanges:
- If you are not happy with your purchase, please contact me directly. I'm sure we can find a compromise.
Additional Policies and FAQs:
- Photos of items are as true to nature as possible. However, monitors sometimes display colours differently. If you are unsure about the colours, you can request a swatch free of charge prior to placing your order. If you don't and later find the colour is not what ou expected, I'm afraid items can't be returned.