Pink Czech Glass Smoky Quartz Handmade Earrings Swarovski Jewelry OOAK
If you love pink complemented with brown, you'll love these unique, handmade CIAO, BELLA! earrings. Pink Czech glass with a Picasso finish, smoky quartz, Swarovski crystals and sterling silver were used to create these sweet beaded beauties. They might be on the small side, but they definitely pack a stylish punch and are perfect pieces of jewelry to wear for dress up or dress down. The CIAO, BELLA! earrings were carefully designed and artisan made by Catherine of Shadow Dog Designs. "Ciao, bella" is an Italian phrase that roughly translates to "Hello, beautiful" - it also is used to say "goodbye".
Czech glass fluted bicones: app. 8mm x 9mm; Picasso and metallic luster finish
Smoky quartz: 4 mm
Swarovski crystals: faceted 4mm "rose" bicones
Metal: sterling silver
Earwires: French hooks; sterling silver
Length: app. 1.5" / 3.8 cm from the top curve of the earwires
The fluted Czech glass beads used as the focals at the bottom of the CIAO, BELLA! earrings are extremely lovely as you can see in the photos. The base glass of the bicones is a creamy opaque white. Then a Picasso finish was applied to the top and bottom of the bicones in shades of pink, salmon and coral, leaving the middle equator white. To add even more beauty, a light golden/brass luster finish was added which, unfortunately doesn't show up well in the photos. But it's there and lends a gorgeous glow to the Czech glass. Sterling silver 2mm sterling beads were placed at the bottom of the bicones and sterling silver daisy spacers were placed at the top.
Made for hundreds of years in what is now the Czech Republic, Czech glass is world renowned for its beautiful colors, designs and finishes. Czech glass beads are made in small batches and may have slight variations in colors and designs from one batch to the next. Some Czech glass beads are given an additional Picasso finish to give added beauty and a bit of an "aged" look to the beads.
Pink and brown are a wonderful color combination, so I decided to use smoky quartz rounds above the sterling daisy spacers to complement the Czech glass bicones. As the name of the quartz suggests, the color is a rich smoked brown, a gemstone that is wonderfully translucent and adds powerful visual appeal to the CIAO, BELLA! earrings.
In addition, I added sparkly, faceted 4 mm Swarovski crystal bicones above the smoky quartz in a color called "rose". Swarovski crystals are considered the premier manmade crystals - their brilliant sparkle is due to their high lead content such as used in fine lead crystal wine glasses and other high quality items. Can you imagine the sparkle of these CIAO, BELLA! earrings as they sway when you move your head? Photo #2 captures just a bit of that beauty - stunning! Sterling silver 2mm beads cap each crystal.
To finish the CIAO, BELLA! earrings, everything was strung on handmade (by me) sterling silver headpins with a hand hammered loop at the lower end. The top of the headpins were carefully wire wrapped into a loop and then connected to sterling silver French hook earwires for a perfect finish.
For a better understanding of the relative size of the pink and brown CIAO, BELLA! earrings, please be sure to check photo #7 for a size comparison with a dime.
Although man made, glass and crystal are said to carry the energies of transformation, rebirth and communication. Silver is believed to be a metal of love and healing; it is a mirror to the soul, helping us to see ourselves as others see us.
The CIAO, BELLA! earrings will be carefully packed in an organza jewelry bag, perfect for gift giving to a loved one . . . or to yourself!
***Please be aware that not all monitors exhibit colors exactly the same. The colors of the items used to create my jewelry are extremely close to the actual color on my monitor. The colors may appear lighter or darker on your monitor.
Shadow Dog Designs
Beautifully Unique Handmade Jewelry
for the Discerning Woman
Quality items and customer satisfaction are very important to me. If you have questions or would like additional information on any item, please email me and I will do my best to answer any question.
I ship out next day - sometimes even same day!
My preferred way of payment is through PayPal or ProPay.
Note: You DO NOT need a PayPal Account to pay for your items through PayPal: Choose the PayPal Option during checkout. After you have submitted your order, click the "Pay Now" button. Scroll down and you will see the option to pay with a Credit or Debit Card WITHOUT having to sign up for a PayPal account. Payment must be made in full and have cleared before the item is shipped.
I accept checks and money orders, but the item will not be shipped until the payment has cleared.
In the event of non-payment with no return communication, the transaction will be canceled and I will relist the jewelry.
REFUNDS AND EXCHANGES
I guarantee my work - my good name rests on quality workmanship. I want you to be 100% happy with your purchase. If you are not, please email me within 14 days of receiving your jewels to discuss a refund or exchange. If you decide to return the item for whatever reason, it must be returned with delivery confirmation. Once the item is received in its original condition, the full cost of the item will be refunded to you, via your Paypal account or through other means as discussed, minus the cost of shipping. Customer pays return shipping. If your piece is being lengthened, shortened, repaired, or exchanged, I will pay shipping back to you.
I love working with people to create that perfect one-of-a-kind piece that speaks to them. Please email me and I'll be glad to start the process. If you are interested in a piece of jewelry that has sold, I will do my best to make something similar (but not exactly since all of my designs are one-of-a-kind). I require a 50% non-refundable deposit of the agreed upon final price (excluding shipping) for custom orders. I will not begin a piece until the deposit is made.
All jewelry is carefully packaged in an organza drawstring pouch, making the purchase perfect for gift giving. If you would prefer a jewelry box, please let me know - I will be glad to use a box at no extra charge. The jewels are then wrapped in bubble wrap and shipped in a padded envelope or a cardboard box, depending on the size.
Please notify me if your shipping address is different than your PayPal address.
All Domestic orders will be shipped USPS First Class mail within 24 hours of receiving payment, although I often ship same day, depending on when the order is received. Shipping also includes delivery confirmation at no extra charge. If the total amount is over $60.00, I will self-insure the package at no extra charge to you for peace of mind. When your jewels are shipped, I will email you to let you know they are on the way.
I will be happy to ship by USPS Priority Mail if you would like your purchase mailed that way. Please let me know in the notes to the seller at checkout. A new invoice for the difference in shipping will be sent to you.
***If you live within 15 miles of me, I will be glad to deliver your order. You will receive a refund of the shipping cost. Please email me and we can work out the specifics :)
INTERNATIONAL shipping costs vary country to country and are set by the USPS.
Please contact me for a shipping quote if your country is not listed in my shipping profile
Depending on the country, I can ship Priority Mail International - the average cost for a small flat rate box is approximately $36.00. This does include tracking. I can look up the exact price - please contact me if you are interested in your package being shipped by Priority Mail.
For INTERNATIONAL buyers:
Orders that are shipped to countries outside of the U.S. may be subject to VAT fees, import taxes, customs duties, etc. levied by the destination country ("Import Fees"). We have no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be. Customs policies vary widely from country to country. If you need to know what import or VAT taxes your country will charge you in advance of your purchase, please consult your Post Office or government tax office.
Just know that all charges related to customs duties and clearance are the responsibility of the buyer.
Please note that I declare the actual value for customs. Please do not ask me to declare your purchase as a gift as I could be held criminally liable for falsifying customs forms.
1. INFORMATION I COLLECT
To fulfil your order, you must provide me with certain information (which you authorised Indiemade to provide to me), such as your name, email address, postal address and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a custom order of jewellery, for example), if you contact me directly.
2. WHY I NEED YOUR INFORMATION & HOW I USE IT
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
- when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for a mailing list;
- if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law;
3. INFORMATION SHARING & DISCLOSURE
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as postal/delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
- Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
- Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU. I may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, I may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If I am deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, I rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as Google Cloud is Privacy Shield certified.
4. YOUR RIGHTS
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Apart from exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
5. HOW TO CONTACT ME
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Catherine Waterhouse of Shadow Dog Designs, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may email me at: ShadowDogDesigns@yahoo.com.