Whirl - contemporary modern wall clock made of wood
The dial of this clock is composed of a sequence of constantly increasing wooden frames, where each one is inserted into the next size while rotated 15 degrees. Each frame bites into the bigger one halfway. This gives the dial a strange whirl look - hence the name.
The direction of the wood grains on each frame rotates together with the frame, and this gives a special interesting shading effect on the surface: some frames look lighter while others darker - however all the frames bear the same colour (see image: Whirl - left side).
- Raw material: the selection of the raw material was based on the principle to keep the natural appearance of the wood as much as possible - thus plywood was used for it bears the wood grain still strong and thin enough.
Owing to this naturalness small changes in color and pattern may occur (compared to the images attached).
- Manufacturing process: the dial is made of 9 wooden frames that are laser cut from a single 6mm birch plywood board, the frames stick into one another like marquetry pieces, the the finishing (polishing) is made by hand. The surface is oiled.
- The movement: is silent / non ticking, second hand sweeps around. It runs with 1pc. 1.5V AA type battery (not included in the package). Standard hands are plastic in black.
size: 29x29cm (11 1/2" x 11 1/2"),
depth: 3,3cm (1 1/4"),
weight: 0,4kg (09lb)
This item is made to order, usual processing time is ~1 week.
All Other Countries
First Item: $0.00
Additional Items: $0.00
Each item in this shop is made to order, usual processing time is ~5-7 days.
Once item is ready it ships as expedited postage parcels. Duration of shipping depends on the destination, e.g.:
- to USA/Australia/Japan: ~2 weeks,
- to EU: ~5 business days.
- regular sized clocks: 11 3/4" x 11 3/4" x 1 9/16" (30 x 30 x 5cm), weight: ~350g
- large clocks: 17" x 17" x 2" (42 x 42 x 5cm), weight: ~650g
- rings: 2" x 2" x 2" (5 x 5 x 5cm), weight: ~40cm
We dont take responsibility for items that get returned owing to inaccurate / mistyped address (save mistyping was made by us) or when local post is unable to find the recipient / address.
The intention of returning an already purchased item needs to be announced to ardeola in advance via email (email@example.com) and could be performed within 8 days counted from the reception of the purchased item. Costs of return shipping is paid by buyer, seller refunds the full purchase price upon reception of the returned item if item arrives faultless in its original package.
Name / address for return shipping:
Hajlat utca 10.
Hungary / Europe
If buyer receives the item broken or damaged return shipping is free (paid by seller). Photos of the broken element(s) need to be sent to ardeola before sending the item back. In this case buyer can choose between replacement of the damaged item or money refund.
We guarantee the faultlessness of our products for 1 year counted from purchase. Should the product still prove to be faulty we replace it or repair it for free of charge, after receiving any proof, e.g. photos or videos of the faulty or defected element(s) - sent to the email address: ardeola [!at] ardola.hu
Owing to the naturalness of most of the raw materials we use certain discrepancy in appearance may occur between the uploaded photos and the real object the customer receives. This may not give basis to any refund/return issue.
Wooden elements cannot be cleaned with water for it may harm the surface.
ardeola has not yet received any comments from shoppers.