This 1972 Mexican Cinco pesos is such a handsome coin that it deserved to be framed by a sterling silver bezel. The bezel setting for this coin was hand cut from a 22 gauge sterling metal sheet. The design of the bezel was chosen so that the front and back of the coin are fully visible and in addition you can see the inscription on the edge of the coin which reads "INDEPENDENCIA Y LIBERTAD". There are four prongs that securely hold this coin. The decorative rope style bail is made of sterling and soldered onto the top of the bezel. The final polishing step added a brushed finish to this bezel setting. Includes 14kt gold filled 23 inch chain necklace.
c On the left of the image is the date the coin was minted, 1972. To the right is the mint mark for Mexico City. Along the top of the coin over the bust is the denomination of Cinco Pesos.The other side of the coin shows an image of an eagle holding a wreath with the Spanish legend ESTADOS UNIDOS MEXICANOS (Mexican United States) around the top.
* 1972 Cinco Pesos Mexican Used coin.
* Coin is set in a sterling bezel.
* Coin is 33mm in diameter.
* Pendant is 45mm long and 34mm wide.
* Image of Vicente Guerrero.
* Minted in 1972 in Mexico City.
* Edge of coin reads "INDEPENDENCIA Y LIBERTAD".
* Includes 14kt gold filled chain necklace, 23 inch. Links are 3mm wide.