Organic Cascade Hops Seeds - 25 Seeds
Organic Cascade Hops Seeds
Other Names: Wolf Willow, Hopfen, American Hops, Beer Plant, Brewing Tree
Description: The American Hops that started the American home brewing phenomena that continues to this day. Prized for its complexity, depth if flavor and simplicity of growing and care needed. Many growers prefer working with Cascade Hops simply for the ease and almost hands-off growing approach. Used primarily for home brewing, it also makes a wonderful ornamental that is easy to grow in smaller garden, containers, and as coverings for walls, buildings, and other vertical structures.
Flavor Profile for Home Brewing Use: A fruity (Some say Grapefruit other Orange), complex flavor that add depth, slightly less bitter than other Noble Hops types.
General Description Hops, in general, produces plants that have plentiful cones; mid-season harvest; aromatic; and large cones. Great for Home brewers that wish to grow their own Hops. The Hops plant is related to the hemp plant (Cannabis sativa) although not sharing in any of the psychoactive compounds that are common to some cannabis plants, hops is a tall, climbing perennial that flourishes in rich soils, and does remarkably well in poorer soils. It is widely grown commercially throughout North America, Europe, and Asia, as well as in other temperate regions around the globe.
USDA Zones: 3a to 9b
Soil Ph: 6.1 to 8.3
Container: Only if grown for flowers and foliage. For production, Hops must be planted in soil and trellised.
Life Cycle: Perennial, grown as a n annual in most of the USA and Canada. It is a dioecious, perennial, herbaceous climbing plant which sends up new shoots in early spring and dies back to a cold-hardy rhizome in autumn.
Diameter Spread: In field: 2 to 3.5 feet, in container: 1.5 to 2.25 feet.
Form: Upright, Vining, Trellised Plant, forming a dense and thick body.
Height: Grower dependent upon method, trellis, and other factors. If grown for home-brewing uses, trellising is a must, and the plant can grow to upwards of 15 to 20 feet in height.
Flowers: Numerous, pendulous, and inverted.
Flower Color: Bright Yellow to Creamy White.
Flower Period: Very late Spring into early Summer.
Foliage: Complex, toothed, lobed, and multi-veined leaf. The green stems (bines) are up to pencil-thick and covered in rows of climbing barbs to help the plant grow vertically.
Foliage Color: Green to Dark Green, deepening on soil nutrients and other environmental factors.
Fruit: Clustered fruits, in drop shaped cone, inverted on stem.
Fruit Color: Green, varying to Yellow in color, and drying to a light Yellowish-/Brown when fully dry.
Fruit Cones: Numerous, prodigious on plant when trellised as well as in container.
Texture: Fine to Medium.
Growth Habit: Vining, climbing plant with dense body. May be planted in containers and pruned back to flowery display.
Native Range: Temperate Northern Hemisphere, generally accepted as originating in Europe/Asia.
Wildlife/Landscape Value: Hops have fragrant, wind-pollinated flowers that attract butterflies. Many home growers that are not growing for use in brewing use this as an additional plant in their Butterfly and Bee Gardens
Home Uses: Mainly used as an additive for the brewing process. Also grown in many gardens for their showy display of flowers, and impressive vertical growing strength. Other uses include homeopathic/home/holistic remedies and uses.
Germination: Surface sow in small container, cover lightly with less the 0.125 to 0.25 inch soil. Spray/sprinkle surface with water - to saturate. Keep in a sunny and warm location. May be transplanted after emergence, or when beds are prepared.
Maintenance: Medium to Heavy (Depending on use). Must be trellised if to be used for brewing. Maybe grown with little or no maintenance if growing for other uses or in containers or smaller gardens.
Cultural Requirements: Rich soils, plenty of sunlight, large amounts of water, and proper trellising for development. The ability to grow hops is usually not limited by the growing location, the health of the plant is more dependent on the growing conditions and care. Under normal conditions, hops are a prolific vine, will produce from 3/4 - 2 1/2 pounds of dried flowers/cones per plant, per season. Only the female plants produce the fruit that is used in brewing and holistic remedies. This is a very fast, tremendously large growing plant. It needs ample space, water, support, and sunlight to developed properly when grown for brewing purposes.
Spacing: Space growing rows 5 or more feet apart, and plants 3 to 5 feet apart in rows.
Sun: Full Sun for best results. Will tolerate light or dappled shade; however, only after very well established
Water: Water regularly for best results. Needs large amounts of water to develop properly. Support in times of drought. Use mulch to control evaporation.
Soil Type: Loose, well-draining soils work best. Till, turn, amend, and properly prepared soils will produce far superior plants, and – of course – hops. Hops will grow in poorer soils, however, this will influence the final plant when used for brewing.
Pests/Diseases: Powdery and Downey Mildew, Aphid, Mite.
All Other Countries
First Item: $6.99
Additional Items: $0.99
First Item: $3.99
Additional Items: $0.69
DownrightNatural Policies & Guidelines
The time I need to prepare an order for shipping varies. For details, see individual items.
Estimated shipping times
* Australia: 7-21 business days
* Canada: 3-10 business days
* North America: 3-5 business days
* Europe: 7-14 business days
* Australia, New Zealand, and Oceania: 7-14 business days
* Asia Pacific: 14-21 business days
* Latin America and the Caribbean: 7-14 business days
* North Africa and the Middle East: 14-28 business days
* Sub-Saharan Africa: 14-21 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates but cannot guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Customs and import taxes
* Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
I gladly accept returns, exchanges, and cancellations
* Contact me within: 3 days of delivery
* Ship items back within: 7 days of delivery
* Request a cancellation within: 24 hours of purchase
The following items can't be returned or exchanged
* Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
* Custom or personalized orders
* Perishable products (like food or flowers)
Conditions of return
* Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Questions about your order?
* Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
* I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
* To communicate with you about your order
* To fulfill your order
* For legal reasons (like paying taxes)
Custom and personalized orders
* Please contact us for customized or personalized items. They are not listed here on ArtFire, but we do offer this service, when applicable or available.
* All seeds currently listed on ArtFire are available in custom quantities.
* Please contact us for wholesale amounts not listed in our store. We carry wholesale lots of seed and other Organic Supplies.
* Do to crops, availability of seed or items, and other constraints, we will do what we can to fulfill any wholesale request.
* Wholesale quantities can be found on www.downrightnatural.com
Gift wrapping and packaging
* We do not currently offer gift wrapping services.
* Seeds: Since all seeds are different, even within the same species, their care, storage, planting, germination, care, maintenance, and harvesting are all different. I try to present all of the important information in my listings and included in the packaging if requested. (If you have any questions regarding a purchase, please contact me, and I will help where I am able.)
* Handcrafted & Wildcrafted items: Due to the unique qualities inherent in the various hand and wildcrafted items I offer, each one has differing care and storage concerns. Please contact me for detailed or specific information regarding your purchase for further instructions or assistance.
Scarification & Stratification of Seeds
* When applicable, all seeds are stored in temperature and humidity controlled environments. This either stratifies or partially stratifies the seeds in question. We do not, and will not, scarify seed prior to shipment. (This is done to reduce the chance of pathogens or microbes inhibiting or destroying the seed during transit.) If you have any questions regarding stratification and scarification of a particular seed, please contact me directly, and I will help you with what to do and how to do it for optimum results.
International Orders (Standardized English [Latin Characters] spelling for ease of delivery)
* If your order is for a destination outside the United States, please provide standardized English spellings for postal addresses. (Cyrillic, East Asian, or other local address languages cannot be processed in a reasonable time by the USPS.)
* I ask you to do this is to avoid delays, refusals, and returns for your items when the address provided is not able to be easily understood by the United States Postal Service; or the characters printed are not readable due to system or computer constraints, both in printing and by processing by the various postal entities.
* I will include your address in English (Standard Latin alphabet) as well as provided by you for easy of handling and delivery by all postal authorities handling the package.
* Please contact me with any questions regarding your postal address or options you desire.
International Payments for Orders
* If you live outside of the United States and are ordering from DownrightNatural and paying by any other method that requires you to mail payment to us. Please ensure the following is followed 100%, or your order may not be fulfilled and your payment returned:
* 1) All orders MUST include your ARTFIRE ORDER NUMBER
* 2) All order must Include your PROPER MAILING ADDRESS
* 3) All Payment MUST be made payable in US DOLLARS (US$)
* 4) Payment MUST be received within 14 days, or your order will be CANCELLED
* 5) International Personal Checks will NOT BE HONORED
* 6) International Business Checks will NOT BE HONORED
* 7) Payment in anything but UNITED STATES DOLLARS will NOT BE HONORED
(I am sorry if this seems blunt, but, the fees to process your payment in anythign but US Dollars is cost prohibitive
to providing you economical seeds and crafts.)
I asked a question three times about some seeds I purchased from them. still waiting for answer. Its been over two weeks. I won't buy from them any more.
Purchased monkey puzzle tree seeds. They arrived on time and in acceptable packaging, but the seeds are way too tiny. This type of tree produces large seeds, usually 1.5 to 2 inches in length. The seeds I received where not even 1/16 of an inch.
Emailed seller twice regarding my surprise and concern and have not received a response.
My recommendation: Find another seller.